Which Sights for a G23

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Hello

Looking to possible change my stock G23 sights with something that could help my seasoned eyes to be more accurate in my shot placements.

Would like sights that would help equally during the day as well as at night.

Any suggestions would truly be appreciated:}

Thanks in advance..

S.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Thanks Gentlemen

NOW.....How difficult are they to install...now keep in mind your addressing someone who has a hard time spreading mayonaise on bread for a sandwich ok lol:}

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Installing the front sight is about as easy as spreading mayonnaise on bread but I would recommend using a sight pusher to install a rear tritium sight.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Ameriglo w/ProGlo front or Trijicon HD would be my top choices. I strongly recommend against the TruGlo TFO sights as they have serious flaws in both design and construction.

gl_sights.jpg

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    I like to run Trijicon HD's on my glocks. They're not cheap but the flat black rears and giant colorful (orange/yellow) front will punch your eyeballs and get your attention.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Trijicon copied Ameriglo and raised the price.

I wouldn't say it's that simple. They definitely jacked the concept of the front sight, but other than that they are different. The Trijicons also have two rear tritium vials and serrations which would raise the cost. The rear sight is also much better designed for one-handed manipulations. They didn't just "raise the price" they offer more. Whether or not that more is worth it is a personal preference.

Personally I prefer the HD, but only dropped that coin on my EDC. My other pistols get Ameriglo Hacks. Damn good sights for the money, but I don't pinch pennies on my primary.

Top Bottom