Who Carries In Church?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yrdawg

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2006
    Big Woods
    My dad is a Baptist minister. He doesn't believe in carry in churches because Christians should be willing to turn the other cheek even to the point of dying, in order to be a living witness of the love of Christ embodied and personified by his followers. A church shooter who saw the devout believers meekly accepting their fate confident in their eternal reward may be just what a criminal needs to lead him to the path of repentance and salvation, and good Christians should be willing to make that sacrifice to save a soul.

I don't interpret the bible in quite the same way. I won't say that I carry in church, but he doesn't hug me quite the same when I go to see him preach anymore. I don't think he wants to know if I am or not.

I'm Bapticostal, I don't think I love anyone enough to let them shoot the people around me or me for that matter. Sacrificial Lamb job has been taken and completed.

senseibuddy

Black Riflin' & Glock'n
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    st amant
    What do you call a full church with no guns?

Target rich enviroment

If i were to go to church, I would seriously consider carrying.
    Just cuz concealed is concealed.

Russo

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    Raceland,LA
    My dad is a Baptist minister. He doesn't believe in carry in churches because Christians should be willing to turn the other cheek even to the point of dying, in order to be a living witness of the love of Christ embodied and personified by his followers. A church shooter who saw the devout believers meekly accepting their fate confident in their eternal reward may be just what a criminal needs to lead him to the path of repentance and salvation, and good Christians should be willing to make that sacrifice to save a soul.

I don't interpret the bible in quite the same way. I won't say that I carry in church, but he doesn't hug me quite the same when I go to see him preach anymore. I don't think he wants to know if I am or not.

thats a crock... Jesus was not a limp wristed sissy boy.. David himself killed ten thousand people.. Samson killed 600 people with the jawbone of a donkey... the "turning the cheeck" is a perverted misunderstanding of the truth.. in Matthew 5:39, notice is says right cheek.. most of the world is right handed, so how can you slap someone on the right cheek with your right hand? the answer is backhanded.. in those times, you backhanded someone to taunt them... it was a sign of disrespect, not attack... if someone attacks me, i have legal and moral obligation to stop them...

"For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. " Romans 13:4
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own palace, his goods are safe; " Luke 11:21

Last edited:
    Top Bottom