Who does cheap NFA transfers?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TruBrew

Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    New Orleans, La
    I am thinking about ordering a couple more NFA items, if my budget allows, and wanted to know who has the best rates on transfers. I guess I should clarify; who has the cheapest rates that you would trust holding on to your stuff for months. I live in the New Orleans area, but willing to drive to BR if I can save money.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Haven't really shopped it, but cheapest I've seen is about $100.

Really cheapest is the dealer you order the product from. See if your dealer can match whatever online place you are shopping. My favorite dealer, Big Boy Armament in Walker, has been excellent on price and never has any BS fees like some dealers do.

Also FWIW I live in NO area and travel because it's worthwhile.

Last edited:

pangris1

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 13, 2010
    BR metro area
    Your NFA dealer is NOT the place to save a few bucks. You want someone who is being paid enough to make the transfer and paperwork worth their time. They aren't just collecting $100.

I've been very happy with Big Boy Armament, i.e. Derek Howard, AKA "TDH" on this board - and in my experience his prices are very reasonable and he carries plenty of inventory.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles
    Derek is great. Been dealing with him for years. I've always puchased from his in stock selection, so I couldn't say what a transfer would run. Definitely suggest contacting him though.

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Your NFA dealer is NOT the place to save a few bucks. You want someone who is being paid enough to make the transfer and paperwork worth their time. They aren't just collecting $100.

I've been very happy with Big Boy Armament, i.e. Derek Howard, AKA "TDH" on this board - and in my experience his prices are very reasonable and he carries plenty of inventory.

+1 for TDH

mickey

SSST
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    192   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Prairieville, LA

+1
    Buy from him at a great price and avoid the transfer fee.

InterstateGuns

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Hammond
    If anyone on the Northshore is looking for a place to do NFA transfers, we charge $50. We've also got inventory in hand with competitive pricing.

TruBrew

Rating - 90%
    9   1   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    New Orleans, La
    Thanks for the suggestions. It looks like I will more than likely have to hold off on my purchase. I was looking at a MP5SD clone which I would have needed to custom order, necessitating the transfer. My budget was already running low due to some other purchases I made recently, but now I think I may to send my dog to see a rehab doctor. She had knee surgery, which was covered by insurance, but she isn't recovering as fast as I think she should be, and rehab isn't covered on my policy.

I will certainly keep all the suggestions in mind for the next time I need a transfer.

Top Bottom