Who out there primitive camps and where?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JTiger06

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I am looking for ideas of places to do some primitive camping. I am more interested in places I can get off the beaten path and set up camp. Just going to a state park and setting up a tent where you are surrounded by people is not what I am looking for. A place where you can be secluded and able to build a fire. From what I understand most national forests do not allow you to build open fires? Is that correct? I have been doing research and not having any luck. I found a thread from a while back and it really did not answer my question. I have looked through most of the state websites but just wanted to get your thoughts and ideas. There is really no specific location or area I am looking at, if that helps. I am open to anywhere in the state or surrounding areas. Thanks

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I am looking for ideas of places to do some primitive camping. I am more interested in places I can get off the beaten path and set up camp. Just going to a state park and setting up a tent where you are surrounded by people is not what I am looking for. A place where you can be secluded and able to build a fire. From what I understand most national forests do not allow you to build open fires? Is that correct? I have been doing research and not having any luck. I found a thread from a while back and it really did not answer my question. I have looked through most of the state websites but just wanted to get your thoughts and ideas. There is really no specific location or area I am looking at, if that helps. I am open to anywhere in the state or surrounding areas. Thanks

There are some WMAs that have campsites. Closest to Baton Rouge are Tunica Hills and Sherburne. Turkey Season is coming up or already starting so just be aware of that if you go anytime soon. There's a State Park, Lake Fausse Point I believe, that has a primitive site that requires access by boat. That could be interesting.

Top Bottom