Whom do you trust?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charles1959

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Covington, La.
    For News, that is. What are the most unbiased sources for National and World News and Events out there? Every time I try to do some research on a topic, I wind up reading something so Right or so Left or so Tin Foil Hat that a child could see through it. I want to know more about the DHS build up. Ammo, Drones, MRAP's, Checkpoint Booths, Detention Centers... I'm uneasy. But I've yet to see a news source that has credible, believable and impartial reporting...
    So I ask again, Whom do you trust for News?
    Charlie

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    STRATFOR is decent, but they only cover world affairs. Also a good size subscription fee. You should sign up for their free stuff. About once a week they will send an article to your email.

MTregre

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2013
    St. Charles Parish
    This is a good question, I hope someone has a good answer too. Ive been looking for somewhere to watch or read but its not goign well.

I was becoming ok with TheBlaze/GBTV/real news, but even they have become more "mainstream" in the past few months.

headspace

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 9, 2009
    Hammond
    I listen to patriot radio, and I do watch a little bit of everything news related, but not religiously. I read some Internet news like Breibart (spelling) hell even ol' Alex Jones from time to time. Then I mix it all together, have a couple real stiff drinks and see how the average shakes out. I'm 49 years old and I've learned that people don't really even become aware of the state of things till somewhere between 30 and 50. I've seen a lot of our liberties disappear. I've seen things happen in the last decade that would have started a revolution 50 years ago. I could list many, but we should all be well aware unless we were born yesterday. I firmly believe that much of the populous is so self consumed that they are either asleep at the wheel or have their head buried in the sand and just don't want to know.
    I'll say this my brothers, things are bad, probably worse than any of us can imagine. I do believe we are on the brink of a change so drastic, it will make the last 100 years and 2 months seem like a picnic. All we can do is have the means to be as self sufficient as possible and not lose sight of how things are supposed to be. That, and beat the living crap out of anyone who points at us and makes any sort of Reynolds wrap reference.

tudobem

Non-conformist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    Hammond
    Just have to keep looking I guess.

I work internationally, so I get the chance to keep up with BBC and CNN International (at least for as long as I can stand to watch either one of them, which ain't long). If you think the US news media is liberal/leftist, check out one of these two. And CNN International is totally enamored with the Muslim world, which IMHO is going to lead the drastic change mentioned above by headspace.

Well put, sir head. Twenty years ago I used to look around at all the older guys I worked with and wonder why they were all so cynical. Now I am one of them.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    What news? They all report, with their own slant, what the government tells them. Very few go out and find their own stories (Lee Zurich is an exception!). This goes from press conferences at government levels from dog catcher to fireman to president.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I listen to patriot radio, and I do watch a little bit of everything news related, but not religiously. I read some Internet news like Breibart (spelling) hell even ol' Alex Jones from time to time. Then I mix it all together, have a couple real stiff drinks and see how the average shakes out. I'm 49 years old and I've learned that people don't really even become aware of the state of things till somewhere between 30 and 50. I've seen a lot of our liberties disappear. I've seen things happen in the last decade that would have started a revolution 50 years ago. I could list many, but we should all be well aware unless we were born yesterday. I firmly believe that much of the populous is so self consumed that they are either asleep at the wheel or have their head buried in the sand and just don't want to know.
    I'll say this my brothers, things are bad, probably worse than any of us can imagine. I do believe we are on the brink of a change so drastic, it will make the last 100 years and 2 months seem like a picnic. All we can do is have the means to be as self sufficient as possible and not lose sight of how things are supposed to be. That, and beat the living crap out of anyone who points at us and makes any sort of Reynolds wrap reference.

Agree, we are and will be facing some very turbulent times..

40calracing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Addis, LA
    I check out The Blaze and Drudge report a good bit, although I wouldn't call them completely unbiased. Recently I've began checking out www.sott.net They have lots of stuff you don't get most places. I used to think Fox news was legit, and compared to the other TV news they are, but they are very naive and usually don't see the big picture. Most of the people on there are also more concerned about Republican stances than they are about freedom and privacy.

40calracing

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Addis, LA
    by the way, i like sott.net because they appear to be the most unbiased. I often find myself reading things that I don't totally agree with but they seem to be more concerned with individual rights and the truth

Top Bottom