Who's getting your vote?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who's getting your vote?

• TRUMP

Votes: 51 42.5%
    • CRUZ

Votes: 51 42.5%
    • RUBIO

Votes: 10 8.3%
    • BUSH

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • HITLERARY

Votes: 3 2.5%
    • SAUNDERS

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Sad to say you are right. I dont remember the last time my presidential primary vote mattered. I'm thinking its never mattered.

It really is a flawed process. Am I to believe that New Hampshirans have the same values and concerns as I do? Or Iowans for that matter? I understand why they do it the way the do, but it does seem to be a huge waste of time for the states with few delegates that vote later in the process.

As for the whackos, how about those Super Delegates, eh? What a complete joke! How can anyone be happy about that process? Your state votes overwhelming for YOUR candidate in the dog and pony show, but it's; "Thanks for voting for him but.....we are going to promote her regardless! Thanks for playing, anyway!"
    :eek4:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    It really is a flawed process. Am I to believe that New Hampshirans have the same values and concerns as I do? Or Iowans for that matter? I understand why they do it the way the do, but it does seem to be a huge waste of time for the states with few delegates that vote later in the process.

As for the whackos, how about those Super Delegates, eh? What a complete joke! How can anyone be happy about that process? Your state votes overwhelming for YOUR candidate in the dog and pony show, but it's; "Thanks for voting for him but.....we are going to promote her regardless! Thanks for playing, anyway!"
    :eek4:

Yeah absolutely nuts.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    I'll bite. I don't care to flame but am fascinated why people are drawn to Trump. That said could you discribe your preference in politics (uber conservitive, moderate, squishy moderate, lib-tard, ect.). Then tell us how Trump matches your politics. Again I'm not trying to make fun or flame you or anything. I don't see how he is drawning true conservitives considering his history and even some of his current policies.

Trump is strong on tax reform, lowering the top tax brackets, eliminating the marriage penalty, etc. I believe Trump understands real world business and real world economics.

Trump is explicitly strong on second amendment rights. He very well could by lying to our faces, but he spells it out on his website, and I don't know why he would do that because it would turn off a lot of the anti-gunners and even moderate gun rights people.

Trump will be aggressive on foreign policy, which is desperately needed.

Finally he tells it like it is, isn't afraid to get things wrong, or step on others toes. He doesn't apologize. I like that.

Most other issues, I could care less.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Personally the only thing I have found apealing about Trump is he's not your typical limp wristed, weasel polititian who rolls over and shows his belly when the media calls him names (racest, sexist, ect.).

And while that counts for a good bit for me it just aint enough.

To many, that might be his biggest appeal.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    Agreed I can't agree with your choice but respect that its yours to make and at least you seem to be paying attention. I just don't trust Trump. I dont really know all the details about Cruz's people playing some dirty pool, but I trust that Cruz is who he claims to be and has really pissed off his co-workers in the Senate being the kind of guy we need. Would it make any difference if Ben Carson dropped out and backed Cruz? I'm not trying make your mind up for you by any means by all accounts you appear to have a pretty good mind of your own.

Yeah we don't have a lot of reason to trust Trump. He has no record. But, he also has no special interests or large donors that he has to cater to.

But I agree, Cruz is the real-deal, and would be an excellent candidate.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Yeah we don't have a lot of reason to trust Trump. He has no record. But, he also has no special interests or large donors that he has to cater to.

But trump does have a record. Not as an elected official but as a donor. Also lets not forget the whole reason he went after obama about his birth certificate was because he best buddy Bill asked him to. And please dont forget Trumps people leaked thst he took a private call from ole slick Willy right before he anounced his campaign. He playing us.

JadeRaven

Oh Snap
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Metairie
    But trump does have a record. Not as an elected official but as a donor. Also lets not forget the whole reason he went after obama about his birth certificate was because he best buddy Bill asked him to. And please dont forget Trumps people leaked thst he took a private call from ole slick Willy right before he anounced his campaign. He playing us.

Trump made many donations to both sides over his career as a businessman. He is a very well connected person, and it is good business to be a well-connected person. I don't think he's in cahoots with the Clintons or the liberal agenda. However, I have to admit I don't completely trust him.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Just a chance to see a proven large business owner run the largest corporation in the world is enough for me to want to see him win. Unlike when the dumbass was running with no skills at all; Trump is accomplished at the largest economy generator in the world; the small privately owned business!

And Trump is right when he says all the past Presidents do (the dumbass especially), is put their crony hack buddies in the cabinet positions! Positions they have no business being at. Particularly the economic sector. You can't run the US economy, just because you got a business degree from Harvard School of Business.

We haven't had an actual business minded US President Since Warren Harding. I would love to see what the US looks like hitting on all 8 economic cylinders. It would be f'n awesome!

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Trump made many donations to both sides over his career as a businessman. He is a very well connected person, and it is good business to be a well-connected person. I don't think he's in cahoots with the Clintons or the liberal agenda. However, I have to admit I don't completely trust him.

He's for socialized medicine, he in the last 10 years has been for amnesty, partial birth abortion, doesnt like "assault rifles".

And this is what he thought about the clintons:
    *Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman. I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she’s given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her."

I believe that was 2012!!!!!!!

Last edited:

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    Well for what it's worth, Trump may be opening a can of worms that turns out to be rattlesnakes instead. Listening to him on Hannity last night he sounded very good answering all the questions from Hannity. But he is stepping off into the deep end when he said if he is elected he will open the other sealed 28 pages of the 911 commission report. That just could get him on a hit list. He said that opening the report will lead to the truth of who may be behind 911. I also feel by what has been said so far, that if Cruz starts to beat Trump, he will go ahead and file a lawsuit to challenge Cruz's eligibility to run for office. So in the end the RNC will get what it is hoping for, a brokered convention where the delegates are up for grabs so to speak. I believe that is what and why Bush is hanging in for. Bush is the RNC's first choice and Rubio next. If it is Rubio or Bush going up against Hitlery, I think we all know who is going to get the office. As for myself, I like Trump and Cruz and think it might be great if we could have a Trump/Cruz ticket going into the general election but don't think that will happen. I would be fully behind Cruz but I consider myself a Constitutionalist and in the back of my mind I don't believe Cruz can run, as I believe when our founding fathers said "natural born", they meant that the person seeking office must be born on American soil from "both" parents being American citizens, which would toss out Rubio also. It may not be spelled out that way, but from some of the letters written at the time it is pretty clear the intention.

El Rubio

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Ponchatoula

On one hand, Trump doesn't have to cater to donors, but when he donated, it was for business reasons? Was he buying influence? If so, isn't he just as guilty as someone who accepts the influence money? If he played the game on one side, why wouldn't he play it on the other? Doesn't this also make him less of a true outsider?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Well for what it's worth, Trump may be opening a can of worms that turns out to be rattlesnakes instead. Listening to him on Hannity last night he sounded very good answering all the questions from Hannity. But he is stepping off into the deep end when he said if he is elected he will open the other sealed 28 pages of the 911 commission report. That just could get him on a hit list. He said that opening the report will lead to the truth of who may be behind 911. I also feel by what has been said so far, that if Cruz starts to beat Trump, he will go ahead and file a lawsuit to challenge Cruz's eligibility to run for office. So in the end the RNC will get what it is hoping for, a brokered convention where the delegates are up for grabs so to speak. I believe that is what and why Bush is hanging in for. Bush is the RNC's first choice and Rubio next. If it is Rubio or Bush going up against Hitlery, I think we all know who is going to get the office. As for myself, I like Trump and Cruz and think it might be great if we could have a Trump/Cruz ticket going into the general election but don't think that will happen. I would be fully behind Cruz but I consider myself a Constitutionalist and in the back of my mind I don't believe Cruz can run, as I believe when our founding fathers said "natural born", they meant that the person seeking office must be born on American soil from "both" parents being American citizens, which would toss out Rubio also. It may not be spelled out that way, but from some of the letters written at the time it is pretty clear the intention.

The birth thing has been beat to death. Many servicemen and women have children while stationed on forgien soil, and they are natural born citizens. The purpose of the "natural born citizen" requirement is to prevent a manchurian candidate and since we already have ond of those in office, maybe we should just find the best man for the job.
    You care to share your thoughts with my friend (marine) who was stationed in Japan in the 90's?

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    On one hand, Trump doesn't have to cater to donors, but when he donated, it was for business reasons? Was he buying influence? If so, isn't he just as guilty as someone who accepts the influence money? If he played the game on one side, why wouldn't he play it on the other? Doesn't this also make him less of a true outsider?

But see thats the thing Trump is loaning his campaign the money, so after elected he can then start holding "re-election" fundraisers to pay himself back. Surely we all can connect the dots. People will pay for favors just like they always have.

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    The birth thing has been beat to death. Many servicemen and women have children while stationed on forgien soil, and they are natural born citizens. The purpose of the "natural born citizen" requirement is to prevent a manchurian candidate and since we already have ond of those in office, maybe we should just find the best man for the job.
    You care to share your thoughts with my friend (marine) who was stationed in Japan in the 90's?

Actually the natural born article was to prevent anyone from holding the office of president that may have possible allegiance to a foreign nation and not be a true American. And yes we do have a manchurian usurping the office and his allegiance is not to this nation. Everyone involved in his placement should be charged with treason against this nation.
    And I said nothing about anyone that may have been born anywhere else other than "American" soil. McCain was born in Panama, but on American soil, and that made him eligible. Any base that is in another country is considered American soil. The only thing I added was that from the letters written at the time, both parents were supposed to Americans, not one American and one of another nation. I am not raising the birthing issue, but what I am saying is that Trump might, as he has already had that in mind and has for quite some time. So as I said, it is just my own thoughts from reading letters from our founders that I don't believe Cruz or Rubio are eligible, but it is what it is and the choices we have. I like Cruz, but the RNC does not, and will do everything they can to keep him from the nomination. And it's funny, they do not know how to handle Trump.

Last edited:

GunAddict

constitutionalist
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    North Monroe, La. area
    And besides Trump, there already is one lawsuit filed over this and it is to be heard March 1st if I heard correctly. They are worried that if he gets the nomination, that this will become a big issue before the general which will hurt the Republican side when the dems start filing suits challenging his eligibility.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Actually the natural born article was to prevent anyone from holding the office of president that may have possible allegiance to a foreign nation and not be a true American. And yes we do have a manchurian usurping the office and his allegiance is not to this nation. Everyone involved in his placement should be charged with treason against this nation.
    And I said nothing about anyone that may have been born anywhere else other than "American" soil. McCain was born in Panama, but on American soil, and that made him eligible. Any base that is in another country is considered American soil. The only thing I added was that from the letters written at the time, both parents were supposed to Americans, not one American and one of another nation. I am not raising the birthing issue, but what I am saying is that Trump might, as he has already had that in mind and has for quite some time. So as I said, it is just my own thoughts from reading letters from our founders that I don't believe Cruz or Rubio are eligible, but it is what it is and the choices we have. I like Cruz, but the RNC does not, and will do everything they can to keep him from the nomination. And it's funny, they do not know how to handle Trump.

They were both raised by naturalized citizens as citizens of the United States. I think its safe to say they are "natural born."

Your point about the RNC isnt lost on me either. I fear those dirtbags will stop at next to nothing to continue milking and screwing the people. I dont know what they will do if Rubio or Bush dont win the popular vote but if we have a brokered convention I can say with a fair amount of certainty that we will be full on communist before you can find an island to move to.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom