Why do you need a modern sporting rifle?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    A guy asked me something today, a question he was faced with but didn't know how to get the point accross. If someone asks you this, what would your response be? A respectful, logical answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Because the semi-automatic premise of a firearm action that's been around since the 1800s saves lives. When my life in danger or a second shot needs to be made quickly, and the automatic loading of the next round so that I can fire it is great. Because the alternative to a semi-auto with easily replaced magazines is that it takes more time between shots, and that gets innocent people killed.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I was going to say what about shooting sports? Why do motorheads need cars that go 0-60 in 11 seconds and have a 200 mph top end? They should not be allowed to have that much performance because they will break the driving laws and kill someone. Govenors for everyone!

Last edited:

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I was going to say what about shooting sports? Why do motorheads need cars that go 0-60 in 11 seconds and have a 200 mph top end? They should not be allowed to have that much performance because they will break the driving laws and kill somoene. Govenors for everyone!
    Not a revolver fan for self defense, nor am I a shotshell fan. The two together are fail :(

:mamoru:
    Screen-shot-2011-01-24-at-10.17.59-AM.jpg

MilOperator

Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Metairie, LA.
    I would tell him: Need and want are 2 different things. Because I want one and my second amendment rights allow for it. Why do some people want a motorcycle? They are not "needed" and are dangerous. For that matter, why should we want a car? There is public transportation in place so we don't really "need" them. IT'S CALLED FREEDOM! This is what makes our great country great! Tell him that and you most likely will never have him talk to you again. :) It works because I have tried it. Gets rid of those pesky brainless bastards every time.

Last edited:

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    He didn't ask me this question, someone asked him and he wanted the best answer in case someone asks again.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I would tell him: Need and want are 2 different things. Because I want one and my second amendment rights allow for it. Why do some people want a motorcycle? They are not "needed" and are dangerous. For that matter, why should we want a car? There is public transportation in place so we don't really "need" them. IT'S CALLED FREEDOM! This is what makes our great country great! Tell him that and you most likely will never have him talk to you again. :) It works because I have tried it. Gets rid of those pesky brainless bastards every time.

FO'REAL! It's our panty-waist society that gets offended if you say 'B/c I WANT ONE!'

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm with you fellahs.

Why is he worried about what I need- or want??

It is called freedom.

JWG223

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Shreveport
    A guy asked me something today, a question he was faced with but didn't know how to get the point accross. If someone asks you this, what would your response be? A respectful, logical answer?

I view the M4 carbine as the most effective home-defense tool I can buy. My Constitution allows this, and the law of the land allows self-defense.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    I'm glad you said what I was thinking.. It's not a matter of necessity, it's about exercising your rights..

I own many rifles and pistols, by far the most fun and exiting are my AR's.. They are the sports cars of semi auto's in my opinion..

Pacioli

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I view the M4 carbine as the most effective home-defense tool I can buy. My Constitution allows this, and the law of the land allows self-defense.

The Constitution guarantees it. It does not allow, endow, permit, enable or act as a source of rights causation in any way. It enshrines and guarantees the god given rights of man, all of which predate the Constitution.

Top Bottom