Why the CH-47 is legendary!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    I agree. Phrogs Phorever! The only thing I hated is the hard banking and looking out the porthole opposite me at the water...lol

I don't know man. The 53's shook us up pretty good flying the map of the earth in Afghan. That **** was insane!

The first time I did SPIE we almost hit a ****ing garbage bin at Camp Hansen. Not cool dude. Not cool.

HA! They told us that someone actually did hit a dumpster. Might have been the next leg lol

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    I've done that as the #2 man multiple times at the Coxswain Course. SCARY!!! The helo looks MUCH lower than it actually is in the water and the blades feel like they are inches off your head. I also almost got my arm tore off once due to the driver being too far right while entering. But we did it in CH-46's, not 47's. ;)

Good Times for sure!

not as fun as SPIE Rigging though :p that **** gave me the hibby jibby's :shocked:

Holy Crap! I watched that video, and just as I was thinking, "Those guys are crazy to be standing in the bay with water coming in" this freaking boat runs right up into the bay! Now THAT'S crazy!

penguin

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Slidell, LA / NOLA
    I don't know man. The 53's shook us up pretty good flying the map of the earth in Afghan. That **** was insane!

You and your fancy 'new' birds ahahah Yeah, I only got to ride in 53s a couple of times. They are nice but MOA flying in some mountains sounds fun as ****. Well, in hindsight I suppose lol Dude, if I would have hit a dumpster I'm positive my SNOIC would have said to take some motrin (Vitamin M) and suck it up lol

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    You and your fancy 'new' birds ahahah Yeah, I only got to ride in 53s a couple of times. They are nice but MOA flying in some mountains sounds fun as ****. Well, in hindsight I suppose lol Dude, if I would have hit a dumpster I'm positive my SNOIC would have said to take some motrin (Vitamin M) and suck it up lol

Oh yea, that hasn't changed.

Oh you got your tonsils ripped out on ship by a noob Corpsman? Take some Motrin, Drink Water.
    Apendix removed? Take Motrin, Drink Water
    Slammed into dumpster on SPIE rig, Take Motrin, Drink Water, one day of bed rest.
    The Flu? Motrin, Water, 2 days bed rest.
    Did your heel just peel off from this 30k hump we just did on a Wednesday for the F*ck of it?
    Motrin, Water, Powder, STAND-TO BITCH!

:rofl: Love it. At least they were 800mg pills right? right? yea...right lol

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    All I remember is seeing them all over the place after Katrina.

It was always the skycranes that impressed me. I remember in Slidell watching them pull up pine trees out the ground with the roots still attached!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I have jumped out of quite a few and fast roped out of even more!! They are great. Anyone that says they like MOTE in a Chinook or anything is nutz!!! That is the one thing I hated more than anything else and about the only time I ever even came close to getting sick.

The next worse thing is being hooked up for the jump and having to circle the damn DZ multiple times. You get to the point where you are ok with going into the trees and don't think we aren't going when the light turns red.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom