Why would you do this?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    May 28, 2012
    Lafayette ,Slidell,Abbeville
    So earlier I looked at a thread that scar17 wrote. Its now a sticky and when I looked at it again to look at the sites that were linked I noticed that Bayoushooter took the thread. Then locked it so noone could reply to it.

I mean , I dont know what the point was. Why would BS do that?

ETNPd.jpg

zguinness

Mar 19, 2010
    Holden, LA
    It does seem like it would have been better to leave it open for a little while so that others could contribute. Someone else might have also had some useful information to pass along.

Hitman

® ™
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Taking credit for someone elses work just doesnt sit well with me. Unless there was a valid reason, but I dont see one and I cant think of any .

Well next time we'll contact you first ;)

It does seem like it would have been better to leave it open for a little while so that others could contribute. Someone else might have also had some useful information to pass along.

Anyone can comment in Scars other thread with suggestion to add to the pinned (Informational)topic on finding Ammo online.

Last edited:

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    May 28, 2012
    High drama? For real ?

So if you guys took the time to write up a post and some one came in and removed you from it and made it look like they wrote it, then locked the thread you wouldnt be pissed? Really ?

I was just wondering what was the point? Was there a valid reason for it or did someone just want to take credit for someone elses work ? I dont know thats why I asked.

Hitman

® ™
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    High drama? For real ?

So if you guys took the time to write up a post and some one came in and removed you from it and made it look like they wrote it, then locked the thread you wouldnt be pissed? Really ?

I was just wondering what was the point? Was there a valid reason for it or did someone just want to take credit for someone elses work ? I dont know thats why I asked.
    Dude it's a freakin Informational Topic! Relax ....

That's what we do with informational/Valuable topics, we pin them.

There's no need to discuss anything. If you find another worthy ammo search engine to add, PM a MOD and they'll add it.

FYI - It was SCARS idea. No one is stealing anything.... jeez. lol

bs875

Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    That happened to the image hosting tutorial I wrote too. One day it just magically became authored by bayoushooter.com. This was the reply I got back from spanky.

"Hitman is running that. We're trying to get all stickys posted under hte BayouShooter.com account to make things look a bit more professional."

I don't know why that precludes the original author from getting a credit line but that's how it sits now.

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    May 28, 2012
    I know its an informational topic. The fact that its locked is not what got my attention. The fact that someone I knew wrote the OP and then I look at it again and it was all changed. If no one was stealing anything then why not leave his picture or his name ? I didnt understand. I dont know anything about Hitman running stickies if he runs them fine but I still dont see why the original authors info has to be remove . Then I get flamed for asking questions. ****in great. YOu guys are great.

Hitman

® ™
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    The fact that someone I knew wrote the OP

So why didn't you just ask him?

Look I've already told you what happen and it was going to happen anyway. I was going to gather the links together and put them in a Pinned Topic in light of the recent Google Ban.

SCAR just so happen to do it and PM me about what I thought. I told him great. Write it from the 'We' point of view and I'll post it with the BS.com account and pin it for Informational purposes. Something that was already planned on happening.

He did, I checked it out, Copy/Pasted - Voila!

I suggest you grow some thicker skin and subscribe to some 'not giving a **** what others say' in order to be on internet forums. No one is flamming you.

Good thing I didn't post that Butt Hurt image I was wanting to :mamoru:

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

You must not be a member of the B.B.B.C. from the east side of the river.?

I know its an informational topic. The fact that its locked is not what got my attention. The fact that someone I knew wrote the OP and then I look at it again and it was all changed. If no one was stealing anything then why not leave his picture or his name ? I didnt understand. I dont know anything about Hitman running stickies if he runs them fine but I still dont see why the original authors info has to be remove . Then I get flamed for asking questions. ****in great. YOu guys are great.

CPL_Primeaux

AK-holic
    May 28, 2012
    So why didn't you just ask him?

Look I've already told you what happen and it was going to happen anyway. I was going to gather the links together and put them in a Pinned Topic in light of the recent Google Ban.

SCAR just so happen to do it and PM me about what I thought. I told him great. Write it from the 'We' point of view and I'll post it with the BS.com account and pin it for Informational purposes. Something that was already planned on happening.

He did, I checked it out, Copy/Pasted - Voila!

I suggest you grow some thicker skin and subscribe to some 'not giving a **** what others say' in order to be on internet forums. No one is flamming you.

Good thing I didn't post that Butt Hurt image I was wanting to :mamoru:

Thats all that had to be said. No one explained that right away . Instead I was called a drama queen and sarcastically told next time we will ask your permission. I had no idea what was going on thats why I was asking questions. I did ask Scar but have not heard from him . I thkn hes working.

Then Tulse is stirring the ****n pot like an ******* posting all kinds of stupid **** trying to be a troll. All I was trying to do was figure the **** out. IM not ****in crying or loosing sleep , you guys are takin me out of context here. I was just trying to find out what was going on . Jesus Christ guys.

Gator what the **** is the BBBC? East side of the river? I live 30 minutes south of you\

Last edited:

Tulse Luper

Besmirched!
    Oct 29, 2008
    Metairie
    Horrible wrongs have been righted!

Let this day be remembered and carried forth in you hearts.

You can take away our freedom, but you can never take away our stickies! - William Wallace*

*Not the real William Wallace from Braveheart. The one on the internet forum.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom