Will Jefferson play the ducks

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    In my youth, I got involved in too many bar fights to recount. It never affected my job, and I always showed up for work the next day, and it had no negative impact on what I did, my employers name, or any thing else work related. What these idiots do on their own time should have no impact on what they are asked to do for a football team.

It is the media and nutty LSU fanatics that hold these morons up to some phony ethical standard. Jordon Jefferson means nothing to this state or that university unless he can be used to shed light on the schools' money making factor. If he were not be drafted into the NFL after college, he would be a statistic in history only.

There should be more shame for the university if he got his ass kicked by a non-athlete.

Last edited:

Praesul Presul

On Target.....Sometimes
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Western KY
    In my youth, I got involved in too many bar fights to recount. It never affected my job, and I always showed up for work the next day, and it had no negative impact on what I did, my employers name, or any thing else work related. What these idiots do on their own time should have no impact on what they are asked to do for a football team.

It is the media and nutty LSU fanatics that hold these morons up to some phony ethical standard. Jordon Jefferson means nothing to this state or that university unless he can be used to shed light on the schools' money making factor. If he were not be drafted into the NFL after college, he would be a statistic in history only.

There should be more shame for the university if he got his ass kicked by a non-athlete.

I really have to disagree with you here. I will assume like myself we have got into similar trouble - hard for a young man not to. The difference here is neither of us were the "face" of our employer where actions like this represent a severe lack of bad judgement which then reflects poorly onto our employer. Also as the quarterback he is suppose to be the leader. If anything take this $hit somewhere are least where you know there will be less or no witnesses. At a bar - really? As it was closing? Everybody is watching you there just waiting for you to do something like what happened.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    What these idiots do on their own time should have no impact on what they are asked to do for a football team.

Your post seems to ignore the fact that Jefferson (and probably all the other players) are attending LSU on scholarships that are funded by the public and by contributions to TAF. Our tax dollars built the dorm they live in. Our tax dollars subsidize the operation of the entire university. Our tax dollars pay the salaries of the professors who try to teach these folks.

Cleaning out thugs who commit felonies would make room for students who are (hopefully) of better character. Of course the odds against this happening are awfully long.

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Do the athletic scholarships come out of a general fund or from the millions of dollars of revenue from football operations? Don't know what the LSU rev numbers are, but University of Texas was in the 162 million dollar range. This is what is prompting some of the talk bout Texas A&M leaving for the SEC- inequality in funding of various programs.

FWIW, back "in my day", we had a linebacker that stabbed a citizen after the Nebraska game under very similar circumstances - he stayed out of jail, but was axed from the team. This stuff has been going on for a long, long time.

If these boys had enough energy left after two a day practices to hit a bar and still get in a fight, then they aren't working hard enough!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I really have to disagree with you here. I will assume like myself we have got into similar trouble - hard for a young man not to. The difference here is neither of us were the "face" of our employer where actions like this represent a severe lack of bad judgement which then reflects poorly onto our employer. Also as the quarterback he is suppose to be the leader. If anything take this $hit somewhere are least where you know there will be less or no witnesses. At a bar - really? As it was closing? Everybody is watching you there just waiting for you to do something like what happened.

I capitulated my side of the argument when I found out he was paid(scholarship).

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    The FIRST thing Miles should do is to make bars and clubs OFF LIMITS to the football team . Once the practices start , NO MORE NIGHTLIFE ! To hell with a " curfew " . If your ass is seen at a bar or club ( verified ) , you are off of the team .
    The common denominator for most of these incidents is alcohol . These are not men . They are still kids , and cannot be trusted to act like grown men .

Ironman26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Patterson, La
    arrest all of them kick them off the team and out of LSU.....if Jefferson had to cheap shot someone after he had the crap beat out of them,he should be put in jail wit TYRONE and BUBBA!!!!! I understand the guy that honked the horn to get outta the parking lot was being saved by the marine!!!! Some people should get on their knees and pray to the good lord the fellow in the vehicle didnt have a pistol when they grabbed him outta his ride!!!!!!!

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    Looks like Jarrett Lee will start and I doubt seriously if JJ will play in the Oregon game, if not the entire season. If he or any other player is charged witha felony, they will be kicked off the team.

In my mind, JJ has been coddled his whole career. Now in the real world, he will find out that a man is responsible for his own actions.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Yeah Scarborough on Tiger Radio last night say he wouldn't look for any of those 4 to start against Oregon. Not exactly for the fight but at least for breaking curfew.

He also said it would most probably be Lee

Supposedly BRPD wants to question Jefferson for allegedly kicking a young man in the head while he was on the ground. I believe he was the kid who had just graduated Marine Corps Bootcamp.

Last edited:

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Funny thing is that some of the same people who are crying now because Jefferson probably won't be starting against Oregon are some of the same ones who wanted his head on a stick last season....

If he did, in fact, kick someone in the head who was already on the ground then good riddance....

dos gris

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    As I said in another thread, it is beyond stupid for athletes to be out in public anywhere after CURFEW given today's instant media. Everyone has a video/still camera capable of almost instant transmission of images.

Jimbeaux82

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    Natchitoches, LA
    Only problem with the whole episode is none of us really know what happened. Looks like the 4 "victims" story is falling apart quickly, the marine is well known for starting fights and may have even thrown the first punch.

I do not condone anything that the football players allegedly did. The fact that they broke curfew is bad enough for me. But I do beleive that at the end of the day, when all of the facts are known, that Les Miles will do the right thing. He has proven his character many times in the past and I beleive that he will again in this case.

He just has to be very careful that he does not act now before charges are filed as it could certainly prejudice the investigation.

My 2 cents anyway, and most people who know me say I am a conservative far to the right of Genghis Kahn.:x:

Mjolnir

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So we'll start the season 0-1 it seems as this will not likely "go away" and it won't matter if charges are dropped tomorrow. Everyone will be thinking about what they "coulda shoulda done differently" and "what things could have been".

F-ing great...

Youth is wasted on the youth, apparently.

USMC-Deano

Baby Eagle FTW
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2011
    Oceanside, CA
    So we'll start the season 0-1 it seems as this will not likely "go away" and it won't matter if charges are dropped tomorrow. Everyone will be thinking about what they "coulda shoulda done differently" and "what things could have been".

F-ing great...

Youth is wasted on the youth, apparently.

Actually, I have higher hopes of them now that JJ isn't starting. I mean, I do still consider the mental state of the rest of the team, but I honestly feel that there are some strong leaders on this team, and JJ was NOT one of them. With JJ, the only way we would win that game is by having the strongest defense one could hope for, but now that they are going to play a QB that can actually THROW the ball(JL and/or ZM), maybe they can play a game that is somewhat unpredictable rather than the one JJ plays, i.e. "JJ drops back, tosses it down field AAAAAND incomplete....and he lines back up under center....takes the snap, steps back and he TUCKS it and runs with it, gaining about -1 yard....now, he's back in the gun, takes the snap, drops back......INTERCEPTED, it's going the other way, folks...."

Top Bottom