will there ever be .22 again?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    For any that is interested, both Slidell Walmarts are showing Federal Lightening .22lr solid nose for $1.97 for 50ct in stock.
    Store: 553 - Slidell - (985) 641-8572
    39142 Natchez Dr
    Slidell LA 70461

Federal Lightning 22LR 40 Grain Solid Ammunition In stock
    $1.97
    0002946505618_215X215.jpg
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/177573340002946505618

Thanks for the info...now if it were "Thunderbolt's" I may have had to break the WW ban and get me some:}

Peace Bee with U!

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    Covington Wal-Mart got in this morning 20 boxes of Winchester 225 round bricks. $11.17 each. Also got some WWB 9mm, $26.67 each. I left the .22 fit someone else and grabbed a box of the 9mm.

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    There's plenty of .22 around . Some of it is still expensive but there is some at reasonable prices . I built my stash back up to 10k and I quit buying for a while . When the weather cools off I'll start shooting it .

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    Yesterday morning I opened my browser and found out that Cabelas had a 325 box in stock. I decided to put it in my cart. I wanted to take advantage of the 5.00 shipping, so I added a few more items to my cart. After about 30 minutes, I just decided that I will wait. About two hours later, I went back on the internet and saw that all my stuff was still in the cart. So, I figured, what the heck...go to checkout. I went to the checkout and everything went fine. Since the website did not show the 22LR in stock any longer, I thought it was not going to process the order, but it did. Yeah!

CUJOHUNTER

EARPLUGS??
    Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New Orleans
    I don't even own a .22 anymore. Gave up looking for ammo and paying high prices for it when I did find some. Did I have to sell off all my .22 firearms? YES! It did no good for me hanging on to them if I wasn't using any of it. Will I ever acquire any other .22 firearms in the future? Maybe....depends on ammo availability. Will .22 ammo ever come back to it's past regularity and affordability? PROBABLY NOT!!

Last edited:

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    When the employees at W-M and Academy and every other store stop calling their buddies when a shipment comes in to come and get it before they put it on the shelf.

I have the exact opposite issue with this. The geezers (no offense) in the area line the doors of Academy for HOURS and they know exactly what arrived and how many of them arrived. If there's a restriction on the number able to be purchased, they bring as many buddies from the retirement home as possible to grab as many as they can. As soon as the doors open, you'd think a bell sounded to a race! I literally see these guys lined up when I drive past on my way to work. The employees of the store get a kick out of them and actually try to slow their progress.

Then they turn around and sell them to local shops or online at an inflated price (they've admitted to this). Academy has now begun identifying these "regulars" and started hiding the ammo from them, allowing others to at least have a chance.

The problem with "buddies" that I've seen is at Wal-Mart. They just never put the supplies out and sell them out the back door or after hours to their friends or other employees. Where they go from there is more than likely the same place all the others do... back on the shelves at the LGS's.

I am pretty stocked up and haven't had the need to purchase any in a while (hopefully not until the demand has died down). Though, I see .22lr on the shelf at the LGS, it's inflated... now it seems that 22WMA is scarce.

Last edited:

TheKeg81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Recently was given my dad's old Ruger MK II, so now on the hunt for 22LR. I'll be keeping tabs on how best to get. Is slickguns still a viable option for finding online?

Yes it is. I saw some on there last week. Most times it's Cabela's that has it for sale and occasionally Gander Mountain. I don't need anymore myself, so I stopped paying attention to it.

1911arkain

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 6, 2014
    NOLA
    I happened to pick up a box at the gun and knife show in kenner. got 1000 rounds for $55. they had some for $60. shot 50 rounds through my gsg 1911 22 and everything went perfect. Loved both the gun and the ammo.

Jim's Firearms

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    Baton rouge, LA
    Just giving everyone a head's up, we will have PLENTY of 22 for tax free weekend and that includes bulk boxes. Make sure you are here first thing at opening time to pick some up. It's gonna be a crazy weekend and it's gonna sell quickly. We are having coffee and pastries as well at opening time so come see us!!!!

stinkysix

Rating - 97.9%
    46   1   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I do not know why people are having a hard time finding it, I do not know if I just go to the walmarts or academys at the right times but in the last 5-6 weeks I have picked up over 6000 rds at .04 - .06 a round, hell this weekend I passed on several bulk boxes of rem golden at 3 walmarts. I just hope someone who needs it gets it and not a gouger.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I see where someone posted a large quantity of .22 on BS today for more than 11 cents per round.

Jasarii

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    I have not been out looking for 22LR ammo for months(Stocked up last year)...Just curious...has it been more available lately?

Top Bottom