Windham AR-15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xaeniac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    An acquantaince has a Windham AR-15 before Bushmaster bought them out. What can you tell me about this gun? What should I look for and what would you value this gun @ if it is in excellent condition with ~500 rounds through it? Also would you choose an AR-10 or an AR-15? Which is cheaper to shoot and bullets more readily available?

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    Around $800. It is a lower end AR, but would serve you just fine if you wanted to use it as a range gun. An AR-15 is(IMO) the better choice, cheaper, ammo is cheaper, easier to shoot, lighter, etc

dsonyay

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 15, 2007
    Broussard, LA
    I have a Windham HBR model (5.56/.223). I love it. Has been a reliable shooter for about 500 rounds so far.
    Mine is very accurate at 100 yds. I haven't shot longer yet.
    They are very well made rifles. 100% USA made. You tube has a lot of user reviews on it. I've owned a Colt before and I feel the Windham is easily as good a rifle. The finish is outstanding.

Windham Weaponry is actually a bunch of the original Bushmaster employees (and original owner) who reformed after being bought out by Freedom Arms and moved to NY. After a two year period those former employees reopened their old Bushmaster factory in Windham Maine. I guess in a way Windham Weaponry is the original Bushmaster team. Bushmaster is now located on NY state.

Also- the rifle is waranted for life .. And warranty transfers to new owners.

A used Windham in excellent shape is hard to price... Which model is it? They sell quite a few different models now.

I prefer the "AR15" version over the "AR10" version. Ammo is much cheaper with the AR15 style. The AR10 type (.308) will be Much more expensive to buy - and shoot.

I think my HBR model ran 900 at Academy (during the last stages of the panic buying spree). I'm thinking I'd get about 650-700 for it? I'm not an expert at pricing used stuff.

Robbie

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   1
    Nov 8, 2011
    Elmwood, LA 70123
    Kramer?
    Love the pic bro!

I have a Windham HBR model (5.56/.223). I love it. Has been a reliable shooter for about 500 rounds so far.
    Mine is very accurate at 100 yds. I haven't shot longer yet.
    They are very well made rifles. 100% USA made. You tube has a lot of user reviews on it. I've owned a Colt before and I feel the Windham is easily as good a rifle. The finish is outstanding.

Windham Weaponry is actually a bunch of the original Bushmaster employees (and original owner) who reformed after being bought out by Freedom Arms and moved to NY. After a two year period those former employees reopened their old Bushmaster factory in Windham Maine. I guess in a way Windham Weaponry is the original Bushmaster team. Bushmaster is now located on NY state.

Also- the rifle is waranted for life .. And warranty transfers to new owners.

A used Windham in excellent shape is hard to price... Which model is it? They sell quite a few different models now.

I prefer the "AR15" version over the "AR10" version. Ammo is much cheaper with the AR15 style. The AR10 type (.308) will be Much more expensive to buy - and shoot.

I think my HBR model ran 900 at Academy (during the last stages of the panic buying spree). I'm thinking I'd get about 650-700 for it? I'm not an expert at pricing used stuff.

Top Bottom