Window Recommendations?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Old_Demon

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Ponchatoula
    We've got to change the windows in our house. Some of them are fogged up and the others are starting to get hazy. Have to change 51 windows total including the large windows on a 20 foot window wall on the back of the house. I've narrowed it down to 2 companies so far, one a local company that manufactures and installs their own windows (LAS) and a company out of Baton Rouge (Advanced Home Energy Solutions) that installs windows from MGM and NT. The downside to the Baton Rouge company is that they use contract installers and the possibility that should there be a problem with the windows in the future they could blame installation as the cause (both have lifetime warranties on the windows). The downside to LAS is they are the most expensive, but I do believe they have good windows. I also had Window World give me an estimate but ruled them out after some research on their windows and installation issues. I can't find anything negative about the MGM windows.

So, anyone have any experiences good or bad with window companies or recommendations? I'm going to decide next week which company (these two or another one someone recommends) to go with. Appreciate any info.

VeedUp

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Oct 15, 2007
    Destrehan, La.
    I actually got a better price from LAS than a few others, but I can't say anything bad about the installation. They were very professional, clean and safety oriented in there method of changing out all the windows.

Top Bottom