Winnsboro Gun Club USPSA match Sunday 10/16/11

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Sunday October 16 we will host our monthly match. Four stages plus classifier. Usually around 120 rounds or so. Start time is 1:30 but please try to be there by 1:00 for squadding. We will try to run as many squads as possible to keep it moving. Hope to see everyone Sunday.

tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    No not at this time. We just started in June and trying work with everyone in our area that had matches on their schedule already. We have shot on the second Sunday of the month until this month. We plan to stay on the second Sunday unless it conflicts with something we can't change. Will have a schedule out for next year that will be posted on Winnsboro gun club web sight and Diamond Gun &Outdoor. We hope to get down and shoot with your club as soon as we can.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I will definetly be there Sunday, and my wife will be shooting her first pistol match. Should be entertaining. If anything goes wrong we'll blame it on Spanky since she is using his old holster!

tjohn- Please let me know what month y'all are going to shoot at EAPS so I can go too.

Myers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Pearl, MS
    Is there a thread I am missing somewhere with some more in depth information on this match (Fees, exact location, etc etc)? I need to get a match in before the gator, and have to miss our local steel match her in Mississippi this weekend. Thanks.

tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Justin, we would be happy to have you there. If you have a problem finding us on mapquest just call our store in Monroe. 318 345 1372. Match fee is 15.00. Try to make it by 1:00 if possible. Should take about 2 hours from Pearl. My email address is tjohn71203@aol.com

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Well, my wife had a great time shooting the match. She stated that she met her goals, which were: 1. Don't shoot myself 2. Don't shoot anyone else 3. Don't get disqualified. On top of that, she did not come in last. So, I am very proud of her. I don't think she's hooked on shooting yet, but she will be back from time to time. She knows now that she can do it.
    I did not do terribly well. I was testing my new ammo that I will use at the AR Section Multigun, and RO'ing the squad. As always, I had a great time. Thanks to Myers and Rusty Edwards for helping me RO.
    Myers- I enjoyed shooting with you. I believe you will do well in USPSA. I don't think you will have any trouble moving quickly up to A and on to M.

Myers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Pearl, MS
    Thank you for the kind words Chris. I enjoyed the match as well. I apologize for having to split when I did, but I had to be back in Jackson for some other commitments. It's close enough to me to not kill my budget so I will definitely be back when schedules permit!

tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    Thanks to all the shooters that came to the match and especially Chris and Hal for ROing. We are planning to have one more steel match on the first Sunday in November and USPSA on the second Sunday weather permitting. Hope to see everyone then.

tjohn

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2011
    That is all that's planned for now but if enough people want to shoot we will do more weather permitting. Just need to hear from everyone. Thanks for the support.

henry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    I think that if you continued your match schedule through the cold months, you would have enough participation to make it worth while. If you wanted more reassurance, you could have people
    pre-register and then if you didn't get the expected response, you could cancel the match.
    If nothing else, shoot the "steel" match due to the ease of set up and no movement if the ground is wet, just a thought.
    You are getting a good crowd each month and usually most IPSC shooters are die hard competitors and tolerate the weather more than most disciplines.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I will not be able to attend the November USPSA match. I will be at the FNH/3 Gun Nation Championship in W. Virginia. Just wanted to let you know, so you wouldn't be counting on me to RO.

Top Bottom