Woman Arrested After Driving Drunk on Downtown Sidewalk (Baton Rouge)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I don't know if anyone saw this, or heard about it, but my vehicle was one of the two that were sideswiped (she pushed the car back 6'). Brand new, didn't even have the license plate yet. Needless to say I'm incredibly mad (there are other words out there I'd like to use but won't). my real question is, how does someone go about getting surveillance footage? I really want to see how this all went down.

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) -
    A 23-year-old Bossier City woman was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison after police say she drove on a Downtown Baton Rouge sidewalk,crashed into two parked vehicles and hit a tree.

It happened Friday night just before midnight. Police say Lynnsey Marie Herwig was driving a black Ford Mustang. She turned southbound from Florida St. onto the sidewalk of 3rd Street. She continued to drive down the sidewalk, against the flow of traffic. The Mustang drifted off the sidewalk and hit two parked vehicles where it crossed Convention Street and hit a tree.

According to police, police on foot and bicycles surrounded the vehicle immediately

Police say Herwig appeared very intoxicated because of her slurred speech, poor balance and the strong odor of an alcoholic beverage. Her Blood Alcohol Content was .262g%, which is 3.25 times the legal limit, which is .08g%.

Herwig was booked into the East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on charges of DWI, one-way street, reckless operation and two counts of hit and run driving.

13542100-mmmain.jpg

http://www.wafb.com/story/23630536/woman-arrested-after-driving-drunk-on-downtown-sidewalk

Last edited:

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Good luck! This further proves my point that people are idiots.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I was out there. it was strange for sure.

I know that there is surveillance video in a lot of that area. How can a civilian get that from the PD? FOIA?

Other than that, I suppose she could canvass the area to see which private companies may have an angle on it in the street from the nearest building who may be wiling to share it.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    my real question is, how does someone go about getting surveillance footage? I really want to see how this all went down.

Why? What good is it? You will have the best evidence you need; a police report.

What sucks for you (sorry to say), is that you will get your car repaired; but it's now wrecked. Their will always be that stigma. And that is what collateral damage does to hard working people that like to have new stuff.

It happened to me on the very first truck I bought with my own money. The used bondo to repair my brand new / never wrecked door! I never got over it.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Why? What good is it? You will have the best evidence you need; a police report.

What sucks for you (sorry to say), is that you will get your car repaired; but it's now wrecked. Their will always be that stigma. And that is what collateral damage does to hard working people that like to have new stuff.

It happened to me on the very first truck I bought with my own money. The used bondo to repair my brand new / never wrecked door! I never got over it.

I know I don't need it. But I really just want to see it because it blows my mind that it happened.

What is SUPER aggravating is that my old car was totaled a month ago by a driver who couldn't see around the car next to her stopped at a stop sign and thought it was fine to go anyway and I T-Boned her. This is a brand new car. Maybe a month old. I don't even have the license plate yet.

One of the guys I know who works DUI was on the corner of Florida/Third when I left after all was said and done. I told him I'm never going to try and have a social life ever again. Another one working elsewhere that night told me to just quit driving :wtc:

Mr Manouche

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    ascension parish
    Sorry about your car RedStickChick. Both me and my wife have been hit by drunk drivers downtown. I was t-boned by a drunk running thru red light late at night. My wife was in her friend's car after mardi gras parades 2 years ago and they were hit hard by a truck who was TRYING TO GET ON I-110 THE WRONG WAY, the dude was drunker than cooter brown. We don't go there anymore for fear of our lives.

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Yeah, well, I don't drink and this is the first time I've gone downtown since March.

I'm over trying to socialize with friends.

I'll just stick to the bars I know.

ETA: And I'm glad it's just the car and that no one was hurt. Sucks, but I was told from witnesses that had my vehicle not been parked there, she would have run people over.

Last edited:

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    Man, thats terrible!! Idiots all over the place these days. Hope whoever works on your car does a nice job...nobody deserves to have this happen to their ride....once again, idiot is all that comes to my mind here. Hope she spends some time in jail for messing up your car and possibly killing somebody in the process.

Top Bottom