Woman KOed while struggling w/ police

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sraacke

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    St. Gabriel
    Dang, she went done hard.
    This video reminds me of a article I read in last months issue of POLICE magazine titled - Liability for Failure to Protect. I'm not saying the woman in this video would have a case based on what happened but corrections officers and street officers have been sued over such things. The article is online at-
    http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Patrol/Articles/2010/06/Liability-for-Failure-to-Protect.aspx
    As a police officer, you can be sued for failing to prevent an injury in certain circumstances.
    It's a good article. Check it out.
    If you are a LEO I recommend a subscription to Police Magazine. I used to read my Dad's copies when he was with Hammond PD and when I got my commission as an Auxillary. He kept a subscription even after he retired from the PD. When I worked at the prison I still found relevant articles which I could apply to my job. I'm a Security Officer now and still keep renewing. When I'm done reading an issue I pass it on to Lt Dunn, one of the BRPD officers our hospital contracts with.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Liability for Failure to Protect. I'm not saying the woman in this video would have a case based on what happened but corrections officers and street officers have been sued over such things.

I'm pretty sure the vocal GRUNT from the Officer @ 1:14 is him assisting gravity.

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    lol
    The only thing I'd have done differently is completely let go of her. Some people might think the cop pushed her even though it was clear he was struggling to keep her standing. Sometimes trying to catch someone or holding onto them can make you look like you're making them fall.

Edit: after watching a few more times, maybe he did direct her fall to make sure she went down. Oh well. She provided the majority of the force.

Last edited:

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Why does it look like he threw her down to me?

I am sure he didn't but I hope he doesn't get in trouble for this.....

Um...b/c he did...?

Just turn up the volume. He steps aside and assists gravity in helping her to the ground with a good vocal grunt! :mamoru:

I mean who here that has watched this video can honestly say, she fell? :rolleyes:

Not counting LEO’s :cool:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    wow, I hope she is alright.. **snicker**

his hand is on the back of her neck and does guide her fall, However I dont know if he pushed.. as long as he doesnt get into trouble for her drunk ass

Tim67

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    EBR
    ...This video reminds me of a article I read in last months issue of POLICE magazine titled - Liability for Failure to Protect...
    http://www.policemag.com/Channel/Patrol/Articles/2010/06/Liability-for-Failure-to-Protect.aspx

Haven't there been some court decisions along the lines that the police have no duty to protect? Sure, most actually do want to protect people and have the training and ability to do so, and some departments actually have a "protect and serve" motto, but the only real mandate is to "bring offenders to court".

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think he assisted gravity in order to make sure she fell. It's not like he threw her to the ground with only his strength. He had to lean into her to stay standing.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Dang, she went done hard.
    This video reminds me of a article I read in last months issue of POLICE magazine titled - Liability for Failure to Protect. I'm not saying the woman in this video would have a case based on what happened but corrections officers and street officers have been sued over such things. The article is online at-

It's a good article. Check it out.
    If you are a LEO I recommend a subscription to Police Magazine. I used to read my Dad's copies when he was with Hammond PD and when I got my commission as an Auxillary. He kept a subscription even after he retired from the PD. When I worked at the prison I still found relevant articles which I could apply to my job. I'm a Security Officer now and still keep renewing. When I'm done reading an issue I pass it on to Lt Dunn, one of the BRPD officers our hospital contracts with.

Wow, the rape case on that page was pretty terrible. Rape is my most hated crime, sometimes behind murder, sometimes in front of it, but I couldn't justify forcing a woman to walk miles home in the middle of the night, in the middle of the ghetto.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    If you don't want the apples don't shake the tree.

Bet the next morning she wished she would have stayed home that day. :D

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    If you don't want the apples don't shake the tree.

How dare you suggest responsibilities for one's actions!

Shame-award-1.jpg

Top Bottom