Woman pays for postage with Food Stamp Card WTF!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Disclaimer: This was intented for the professional welfarer's not those in true need.
    This afternoon I went to the Post Office to ship a package, in line in front of me was a woman mailing two large envelopes. The postage was $13.70 and she swiped her Louisiana Purchase card, entered her pin, and the transaction went through. I cannot believe we are allowing our welfare recipients to purchase anything but food. I heard of a person using a Louisiana Purchase card in Hawaii to get cash out of an ATM and didn't believe it till I saw this today. Crap like this really gets my blood boiling when I think of how my hard earned tax dollars are wasted on the vermin who for generations live off government assistance and think it is owed to them. Rant over

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    And some people think if you make them take drug tests you are a bad person. I think if you are able to work but you refuse to do so you should serve in the military. I'm sure they will complain and wouldn't give 100 percent so to keep from endangering the military that wants to serve their country they should be separated. That way they will have no choice but to perform under fire. Just my thoughts

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm not surprised
    People were spending their FEMA money fro, Katrina on top shelf alcohol, and strip clubs.

Could you elaborate on the connection to Jews?

:)

I saw more 2k red cross checks spent on flat screens and computers than anything else after Katrina.

local2fed

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I noticed something as well. While grocery shopping lately, I noticed that these individuals grocery baskets are busting at the seems. I can spot them a mile away. I like telling my wife..."she's going to be using food stamps". Their grocery baskets are filled with garbage too. Usually snack cakes, grape soda, chips, etc.

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    I noticed something as well. While grocery shopping lately, I noticed that these individuals grocery baskets are busting at the seems. I can spot them a mile away. I like telling my wife..."she's going to be using food stamps". Their grocery baskets are filled with garbage too. Usually snack cakes, grape soda, chips, etc.

"Grape Drank"

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    this-is-an-outrage.jpg

I'm not sure which is more amusing, that the cash benefit is a new discovery or that 1 person seen using it spawned an entire page of assumptions and comparisons.

SOME people have worked their ass off for many years before you see them jobless and buying a month's worth of groceries. 1 trip saves gas money. Not everyone has the privilege of strolling into a classy establishment like Wal Mart several times a month as some of our "taxpayers" do.

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    This was not someone I think ever held a job. Someone said we should call the Louisiana purchase card the Louisiana Reward Card. I'm no knocking someone who worked and lost their job and qualified for a card, I am knocking the career welfare recipients who have no intention of ever working for a living and know how to work the system. Almost like it is bred in them. I was layed off for a year and a half and I never qualified for unemployment or a "Reward Card" and I worked almost 40 years and paid my taxes, yet I had to live off my savings till it was almost depleated. If I was one of them I'd still have all my money and get free ****.

stormrider54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    Dutchtown
    I admit I'm a bad guy here. I actually chewed somones butt out for what they purchased with food stamps.
    I was stand at checkout, person in front of me had a bag of Cheetos, a bag of Doritos, a jar of pickled pig feet and a bottle of Clorox.
    I told this person that I as a taxpayer didn't mind seeing them spend money on Clorox, everyone needs a clean residence. But that was my money and and the taxpayers money they were spendinding on Doritos, Cheetos, and pickled pig feet and that they have an abligation to the rest of society to spend the money on real food. If they want Cheetos, Doritos and pickled pig feet they should use their own money, not that of the taxpayers.
    At this point the person didn't say a word, they just left. I accomplished nothing but I did feel better. At least now they know there are others that watch them and pay attention to their purchases with our money, not that it will do much good.

Last edited:

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Louisiana Reparations Card

This was not someone I think ever held a job. Someone said we should call the Louisiana purchase card the Louisiana Reward Card. I'm no knocking someone who worked and lost their job and qualified for a card, I am knocking the career welfare recipients who have no intention of ever working for a living and know how to work the system. Almost like it is bred in them. I was layed off for a year and a half and I never qualified for unemployment or a "Reward Card" and I worked almost 40 years and paid my taxes, yet I had to live off my savings till it was almost depleated. If I was one of them I'd still have all my money and get free ****.

Man, you need to be careful!! Big Brother is watching your every move and will require you to attend "Anger Managment Group Therapy" to deal with your issues!! :eek3:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    During the Katrina time , my wife worked at WalMart . She would come home and tell me stories that would make your head explode . As for the La. Purchase card , my son saw a guy ( this week ) trying to use one to rent a car at the airport . He didn't get to see whether it went through or not .

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    this-is-an-outrage.jpg

I'm not sure which is more amusing, that the cash benefit is a new discovery or that 1 person seen using it spawned an entire page of assumptions and comparisons.

I don't think the spirit of this post is about just one person but the many who recieve assistance with our money. There is an entitlement culture out there ungrateful, lazy, and demanding more of our hard earned money. It should be used on essentials only. Needs not wants.

SOME people have worked their ass off for many years before you see them jobless and buying a month's worth of groceries. 1 trip saves gas money. Not everyone has the privilege of strolling into a classy establishment like Wal Mart several times a month as some of our "taxpayers" do.

If someone lost their job and have fallen on hard times I have no problem helping them back on their feet. The problem is people become complaisant and get comfortable where they are and some want to stay on the dole. To me this thread is about the many welfare professionals living off the tax payers money and the money going to things beyond needs. To some Wal Mart is a classy place BTW. It all depends on your socioeconomic status. My lifestyle is such that living a welfare existance would be unacceptable. Others would be perfectly content there.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    You guys are all missing the irony in this story. She is using government funds to pay for government services from a government postal service that is going broke and is funded by government funds (taxes).

Talk about crazy circles. That one is special.

Top Bottom