Worlds first 3D-printed plastic gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    No, I don't get your point. You seem to want to just come in and stick your dick in the mashed potatoes and start stirring.

So your point is that you could use other tools to make rudimentary firearms? Bravo, here's your cookie, but no one contested that.

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    I can make plenty of stuff on a 3D printer you can't make with your welder. (vice versa, as well)

While the punk at DefCad is overhyping this ****, ain't nobody involved in using additive manufacturing machines proclaiming it's completely revolutionary to anything and no one is saying it's making anything else obsolete.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    http://defcad.org/

RUH ROH

DEFCAD files are being removed from public access at the request of the US Department of Defense Trade Controls.
    Until further notice, the United States government claims control of the information.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    Need to learn how to make it fire a caseless round. Then you could theoretically use a caseless round and it would be truly undetectable. A plastic gun that fires a plastic bullet. Now that would be scary!

doc ace

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Pineville/Deville
    I prefer THIS liberator;
    \

liberator-wedge-ramp-combo.jpg

HAHAHAHA you would! Knees getting sore?!

:boink: :naughty: :bowrofl:

DR.NUMBERS

Addict of the Arcane Arts
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Battin Rudge
    How unexpected...

Apparently the seizure is being justified by their import/export oversight authority. They are essentially claiming that the 'export' of the schematic is the same as the export of the finished project. So now I suppose blueprints/ideas/instructions for any kind of product are subject to the same kind of rules/regs as the finished thing? Are they going to do anything about CNC schematics, or dimensional blueprints, or any other kind of thing?

Of course not, what this is really about is what they feel YOU should or should not have. Making guns is perfectly legal in this country but before it required expensive machinery and knowledge. Now it is too easy, requiring only the expensive machinery part of the equation to produce a 'gun' marginally less useful than a baseball bat.

Last edited:

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Since it's digital data I can see it being regulated by US DoS. I've got cryptography and stuff that I can't share because it would almost certainly violate some export control at any point of its journey. Crypto controls are TIGHT and certain cryptograpic elements are considered state secrets. Stuff on the internet being seized under the guise of export control is nothing new. It might be "unheard" of, but it's been happening for the last 19 years.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    http://defcad.org/

RUH ROH

DEFCAD files are being removed from public access at the request of the US Department of Defense Trade Controls.
    Until further notice, the United States government claims control of the information.

The whole point of DEFCAD's exercise was to circumvent the governments ability to control who can posses a gun - Big Brother just validated DEFCAD's justification for existence. Luckily, once files are being torrented there is no way to control their distribution. I expect the Feds will be able control these files about as well as they controlled the information being exposed by Wiki Leaks.

Last edited:

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    The whole point of DEFCAD's exercise was to circumvent the governments ability to control who can posses a gun - Big Brother just validated DEFCAD's justification for existence. Luckily, once files are being torrented there is no way to control their distribution. I expect the Feds will be able control these files about as well as they controlled the information being exposed by Wiki Leaks.

Yea it's pretty messed up. I don't get the big deal though. There are all kinds of websites on how to make guns in the UK using pipes and whatnot. See http://thehomegunsmith.com/. Why is this whole 3D printer thing special?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    Thanks to retarded politicians who watched Die Hard 2, and think the Glock 7 is real, we also have the Undetectable(Nondetectable?) Weapons Act which I doubt 99.99% of people know about, and may violate without realizing it. Hopefully people with an interest in making their own weapons will do their research a bit, first so they know what they're doing.

The 3D Printer file, while containing notes in the readme.txt file, only contains the plastic parts for obvious reasons.

Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    People don't understand that it takes just as much training, learning, maintenance, practice, and operation to make a 3D Printer create accurate parts as it does to mill one from metal.

That's not what they said on TV! They said all I need is a 486SX, a 3D printer and some shareware and I can start mass producing glocks!

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Liberator pistol plans... "violates export regulations"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...site-weapon-designs.html?ICO=most_read_module

Apparently the US state department made them take their website down due to it "violating export regulations". I'm not exactly sure what free speech, about something 100% legal, has to do with exportation but we have arrived there.

From defcard.org:
    *DEFCAD files are being removed from public access at the request of the US Department of Defense Trade Controls. Until further notice, the United States government claims control of the information.*

Last edited:
    Top Bottom