Worst Gun you've ever Owned ?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not4Hire

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Davis 380.Dont know if it was the the gun or the round.Avoided both for the last 20 something years.

I had one of these that I bought at a gun show circa 1992 because I thought it would protect me in New Orleans. Maybe as a ninja star, but not as a gun. Traded it for a galco holster about 3 years later when I got serious about guns.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    A Helwan 9mm.
    I was so worn out it misfired every 3-5 rounds.

I traded a used Hard Drive for it and sold it here for $25.

On the up side, looking for a place to sell it was how I found BayouShooter.com.

Last edited:

LongGoneDays

Mine. Not yours.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Shreveport, LA
    Bryco Jennings Nine.

It was the first gun I bought as an adult. The trigger pull was awful. I didn't have any of the problems most people had, but then again I didn't have it long or shoot it much.

Cobra .380 ... accurate and fun to shoot, but 7 rounds and the slide wouldn't lock back. Not sure if it was designed that way but the range I took it too almost flipped out about it.

Glock 27 with Wolf .40 ammo. HATED IT. I'm sure it was fine for .40 lovers though

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Tough call...
    I had a FIE (IIRC) Tangfolio .380 that rusted instantly if pulled from the ziplock I had to keep it in anytime you were within 500' of a puddle. It wasn't accurate but it did fire most of the time.
    Probably worst though was a jennings that fired a random number of shots when the trigger was pulled. I returned it to the dealer I bought it from pretty quickly. Safety didn't work either, btw, as a cabinet and a psych text book I had can attest. The stinger opened up nicely though.

504BigNasty

Looter Assassin
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    NOLA-Bywater
    I bought a TEC-9 little did i know the thing had been shot so much it was worn out all around. I ended up trading it for a Winchester 1300 defender.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    My wife has an RG .22 snubby ( I do not know what model number it is) that is a total POS. Pure pot-metal perfection!! This gun is wildly inaccurate even at across-the-room distance. The gun was given to her by her father when she went to college and therefore is meaningful for sentimental reasons, but I can tell you that WE will never shoot it again. Amazing that a gang-made zip gun could be more accurate and better functioning than an over the counter revolver.

sonanth

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    So far, I've lucked out, I guess. Like someone said earlier, I live by the "Buy once, cry once" motto. But, of course, all it takes it one time.

Thank you everyone here who has contributed ANY kind of advice on ANY firearm. I don't buy into marketing hype and tend to go by actual owners (real people) of guns before I make a decision.

rebelray84

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Amite,LA
    Oh this is easy-RG-14 .22lr. Couldn't hit the broad side of a barn,that's if I could get it to fire at all.My very first handgun as a teenager.I think I finally got so fed up with it I threw it in the pond.

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Kimber CDP II. Junk. $1700 Junk. Won it and hated it. The Thumb safety had an edge like a Spyderco. Full Length Guide Rod. Failed to return to battery 3 or 4 times a mag. Sent it back twice. Not a lemon just a poorly built, poorly spec'd out piece of crap. Traded it for 10,000 rounds of 5.56.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kimber CDP II. Junk. $1700 Junk. Won it and hated it. The Thumb safety had an edge like a Spyderco. Full Length Guide Rod. Failed to return to battery 3 or 4 times a mag. Sent it back twice. Not a lemon just a poorly built, poorly spec'd out piece of crap. Traded it for 10,000 rounds of 5.56.

Damn. That's a good deal.

deafdave3

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    So far, I've lucked out, I guess. Like someone said earlier, I live by the "Buy once, cry once" motto. But, of course, all it takes it one time.

Thank you everyone here who has contributed ANY kind of advice on ANY firearm. I don't buy into marketing hype and tend to go by actual owners (real people) of guns before I make a decision.

And what have the real owners encouraged you to buy?

Pale Horse

one quarter civilized
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 15, 2007
    West Monroe, LA
    FIE Titan .25 Auto.

I have it in my hands now! It comes apart when I rack the slide! :doh:

The recoil buffer has been beaten down. I just went through this with mine. If the buffer is the right length, the slide will only lift up for takedown when pulled back with the safety on, as it's supposed to.

Top Bottom