Worth 3 minutes of your time:

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    This works in Switzerland because it's majority is populated by Swiss. Not a bunch of hood rats and illegal people of color looking for free everything. Can you imagine the .gov giving every American citizen an assault rifle and ammo.

It also works because the Swiss .gov knows where every legal rifle and handgun are kept. Mandatory training and locked up firearms in the home. The Swiss might think they are free from foreign invasion, but they are not free from their own Govt from confiscating their firearms.

Last edited:

Ghost-1

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    Leesville
    This works in Switzerland because it's majority is populated by Swiss. Not a bunch of hood rats and illegal people of color looking for free everything. Can you imagine the .gov giving every American citizen an assault rifle and ammo.

It also works because the Swiss .gov knows where every legal rifle and handgun are kept. Mandatory training and locked up firearms in the home. The Swiss might think they are free from foreign invasion, but they are not free from their own Govt from confiscating their firearms.

That basically sums it up in a nutshell.

spec50trout

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks for the vid. I've often referred to the Swiss militia, and state marksmanship program in conversations with folks. It's my lay understanding of WWII history, that this is at least one of the reasons Hitler never bothered to invade Switzerland.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

Or you could argue that an armed society is a polite society. Definitely the culture is different than here.

CajunCracker

Beastmode
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2011
    Lafayette
    Thanks for the vid. I've often referred to the Swiss militia, and state marksmanship program in conversations with folks. It's my lay understanding of WWII history, that this is at least one of the reasons Hitler never bothered to invade Switzerland.

Yes this is true. Also is true is that the Swiss banking system had a ton of the Nazi's money in their infamous private banking system. Hitler told them they wouldn't invade them if they held their tons and tons of gold bullion which they basically stole from the Jews and the countries they pillaged. There is a ton of info about it online but here is one source.

http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/Holocaust/swiss-kept-billions.html

Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly

They only issue the rifles to those who go through the 2 years of military training....

Not gangbangers.....

falshooter

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Ponchatoula/Hammond
    No personal offence ment. I should have chosen my words better. It's just the video gives the wrong impression that somehow the Swiss have it better then us. I watched it a few years ago and started looking up some facts about Switzerland.

Nice place to visit , but I wouldn't want to live there.

Top Bottom