Would you sell it back?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chibajoe

Pratertium terminus est
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 29, 2007
    New Orleans
    Interesting ad in Louisiana Sportsman Classified: Accidentally sold heirloom.
    So, if you were the person who bought this gun, would you sell it back to them, and if so, would you want to make a profit on the sale?

Personally, I'd sell it back for what I had into it; to me, it's just another gun with no real emotional attachment.

Last edited:

SimpleGreen

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    Livingston, LA
    I bought a Marlin 882 rifle from BJ Pawn 3 years ago. It had a few engravings on the side of the stock but I didn't really mind. A few days afterward the gun counter guy called me up and said the fellow really wanted to buy the gun back and gave me his number so I could call him if I was interested.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to call. I wasn't attached to the gun. Just a cool plinker. Turns out it was a Christmas gift from his wife or something and the engravings on the side was his initials, her initials, and the year (Xmas '04 I think). Well I told him I'd sell it back to him for everything I had in it...purchase price, sales tax, and ammo. Never did hear from him again. I ended up selling it to another BS member a few months ago.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    I bought a Marlin 882 rifle from BJ Pawn 3 years ago. It had a few engravings on the side of the stock but I didn't really mind. A few days afterward the gun counter guy called me up and said the fellow really wanted to buy the gun back and gave me his number so I could call him if I was interested.

I figured it wouldn't hurt to call. I wasn't attached to the gun. Just a cool plinker. Turns out it was a Christmas gift from his wife or something and the engravings on the side was his initials, her initials, and the year (Xmas '04 I think). Well I told him I'd sell it back to him for everything I had in it...purchase price, sales tax, and ammo. Never did hear from him again. I ended up selling it to another BS member a few months ago.

A few weeks with Todd and a new sniper green paint job took care of the defacing.

Snookie

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    Lizzard Creek/ Springfield,La.
    Any angle

My a$$ociates will sell it back, front or sideways and all they sell is herlooms lol ;)

5317234732a6476171108l--large-msg-1.jpg

artabr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    New Iberia , Louisiana
    A rifle that was introduced to the public market 13 years ago (1997) is a family heirloom? :bs:

I'd sell it back to them if it meant that much to them, but calling it a heirloom is a bit of a stretch.

Art

Last edited:

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    Speaking of age, I would check the ID on your above mentioned a$$ociates Snookie. The one on the right looks a little south of legal.

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Exactly

I'm an auctioneer and people call me constantly saying I've got antique items can you sell them/

When I ask how old is it, uh well it's from the 50's my answer well So I guess I'm an antique??? lol

Antique = 100+

And sometimes 100+ years just makes something old.

"It's antique."
    "No, it's old."
    "Yeah, being old makes it an antique."
    "No, being old makes it old. Being old and valuable makes it an antique."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom