would you????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    I've never known of any weapon that killed someone. However, people have been known to use a weapon as a means of killing someone.

(Sorry, couldn't resist making that important distinction.)

As for owning a weapon that has been used by a person to kill someone: Anybody who has a well-worn military surplus firearm probably already does.

BenCarp27

I feel like an old man...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    New Orleans Area, Southshore
    I know a lot of individuals who will bring this topic up in conversation. Personally, I do not see the problem with owning any used firearm, regardless of it's history. Short of an immediate family member using it in a suicide, it would not bother me in the least. My standard answer to this question, however, is usually, "Depends on who it killed?"

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    You talking about military weapons??????

If so probably everything that we got that is a military surplus has the potential of heaving a few names on it.

If you talking about a modern handgun, mostlikely if it killed somebody it will be at the crime lab or its on the list of "wanted" so probably I dont want to own it :).

As mentioned before there are 3 factors required for a gun to be deadly.

1)weapon
    2)ammo
    3)human

Once you remove any of those factors its technically imposible for a death to ocurr.

Cat

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    NE of Alexandria, Cenla
    I'll inherit one that killed at least one that I know of. My grandfather rook it off a dead German. I haven't the foggiest what it is. I can't remember but iirc it is an American model that we're assuming was taken off the US soldier the German killed.

I'll tag Spec for details. I know the story behind it but not the model off the top of my head.

Last edited:

simplepeddler

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Saint Amant
    All great input...........
    supposedly , it was an accidental shooting about 18 years ago.
    I too thought the weapon would be kept or destroyed.

Didn't think of the military angle.
    This is a modern day 1911

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Guns, knives, houses where someone got killed-- inanimate
    objects don't bother me.

I'd love to get a discount on an Audi or Toyota that "just wouldn't stop!"

Anyone wanting to dispose of any of the above, PM me!

I'd even own something formally owned by a liberal! :mamoru:

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Sure, why not? It has no bearing on function or accuracy or safety. In fact, it has no affect on the gun at all so why let that concern me?

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    +1 to the whole "as long as it wasn't a family suicide". I don't think I'd want something from a school shooting or anything like that, either-- but those guns don't tend to make it out on the open market, so no real concern.

Guns, despite their value as investments, collectibles... maybe even "art work", were designed with the single purpose of destruction. It makes no sense to shun a particular firearm because it did as intended. In fact, especially in terms of military weapons, I would imagine some folks would prefer a firearm that had been successfully employed over one that never left the arsenal-- especially if there is a story behind it.

dogbaron

Long Ago and Far Away
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 18, 2009
    Prairieville, LA
    The gun is just a tool. I worked at a plant that owned a cherry picker that was involved it two fatalities. One man was sucked under a rear wheel and run over the other was electrocuted when a load he was holding on to was swung into a power line. The cherry picker was not at fault in either incident and was used until its useful life was over which was at least 12 more years. So I guess I would own the gun.

honestlou

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Now if it were a family member or a dear and close friend, NO. BUT>>>>>>>>

If it were the gun that P****** B***** O***** shot himself with, then the answer is HELL YES!!

Ooooh. You said "gun" and P****** B***** O***** in the same sentence!!!

Expect a visit!!

And while I understand you'd rather be without him, that's kind of harsh. Maybe should have used a smilie. :D

Top Bottom