WTB 92FS or other 9mm handgun!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I am looking to buy a Beretta 92FS or XDM9 if possible. I'm looking to buy my first handgun, and I'm really open to any and all offers. Just PM me what you've got. Thanks! I also have three nearly new rifles that can be traded away if need be.
    A Marlin 336 30/30 scoped with hollow rings to allow use of the original iron sights, a bolt action Savage .308 rifle in very good condition, and a lightly modified Ruger 10/22 that is also in very good condition with a Boyd's Evolution stock.

EDIT: I am now looking at all calibers! Offer up what you've got and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thank you for the offer, I think $750 might be a little high for me, but I'll definitely consider it. Can you text me pictures?

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Can you tell us what you are looking at spending???????????????

Well, my spending range slides around hugely based on the gun offered, condition, and the additional supplies coming along in the deal. It's hard to give a real range, but I'm not looking to spend more than $800ish. Just offer and we can figure it out.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    K I will check around tomorrow and see if I can find you something like what you want, you missed a good 92 just 2 days ago, but you might want to check if the XDM9 in Nochitoches is still available it had a trigger upgrade and below what you are looking at spending.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    K I will check around tomorrow and see if I can find you something like what you want, you missed a good 92 just 2 days ago, but you might want to check if the XDM9 in Nochitoches is still available it had a trigger upgrade and below what you are looking at spending.

I am actually talking to jbadjones right now about his XDM. It's beautiful, but I'd definitely like to know how the grip tape feels before I go into buying the gun. There was a 92 on here?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The only advice I can give you on the 92FS or PT92 is to get one with factory night sights, the back sight is dove tailed so its an easy replacement but the front sight is drilled and the titrium is epoxied in, the only other option is to cut the sight base and attach it with set screws. If you buy one that previoulsy had them mounted at the factory you can send it to trijicon and they will replace them for a very small fee so that is always a plus, if you buy one that did not have them from the factory your options are either send it to trijicon OR try to convice trijicon to sell you the titrium tube and have a competent gunsmith install them (pain in the arsh IMO). Here are a few options I found online.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170729855
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170731352
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170490573
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170493825
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170595664
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170002584
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170798158
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170024116
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=170762442

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks for all the offers! Guate, it's gotta be in person, sorry. The main gun I'm looking for is an M9 or Beretta made 92. I've heard some bad things about Taurus made 92's and I'm not sure how well they would perform.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    For a real M9 you will pay a pretty penny specially if its stamped US Military, I've had a PT92 before and it was very good the only reasson why I got away from it was when I wanted to upgrade sights and I found out about the freaking hastle of doing it due to a poor sights design by Beretta other than that she was a tac driver.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    What's the difference from the M9 to the 92FS? Is the M9 just better made? Also, I always have people telling me to stay far far away from Taurus. I've never even tried the PT92 or PT1911...I take it some of the rumors are unfounded?

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    What's the difference from the M9 to the 92FS? Is the M9 just better made? Also, I always have people telling me to stay far far away from Taurus. I've never even tried the PT92 or PT1911...I take it some of the rumors are unfounded?

I'm pretty sure if you want to buy the M9, the only difference is the markings and a rail. IIRC Taurus took over a Beretta plant and the PT92's are on par with the 92FS. I have heard very little bad about the PT1911.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    The M9 is the same thing just with the Military Only stamp on it which to some people is worth spending the extra $$$$ just like a Glock trade in with a Law Enforcement Stamp on it.

You can get a 92 Vertec which has the accesory rail on a civilian version, also I dont believe all models of M9's came with the rail it depended on year and place of manufacture.

Beretta had landed also the military contract with Brazil so they setup a factory there, the factory later on was sold to Taurus which is the local Brazilian Gun Maker. The PT92 can be distinguished from the 92 primarily by having the safety mounted on the frame as opposed to on the slide like the Beretta, PT92's are essentially identical to early 92's.

There are not many bad things about the PT1911, believe it or not is a very reliable 1911 WITH a rail for a very affordable price, I would consider it a notch better than a Norinco or Rock Island.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    This is some info I found online in case it helps anybody.

F Models
    Also known as the 92SB-F, the model 92 F was developed in 1983 as a further modification of the model 92 SB that featured a slightly reshaped grip, plastic grip panels and a new, more durable finish. The current production version of the 92 F has a double-action first trigger pull, followed by a single-action trigger pull for subsequent rounds. The "F" and "FS" models have a safety lever that also functions as a decocking lever. The 92 FS was submitted for USA XM9 Army Pistol Trials in 1985 and adopted by the US Army as the M9 Pistol. It is manufactured both in Italy and in USA, and has also been adopted by many other military and law enforcement groups. The 92 FS features a chrome-lined barrel, recurved triggerguard for improved two-handed grip, new grip panels and lanyard ring, Bruniton finish, and trigger bar disconnect safety.

G Models
    The G models (designed for the French "Gendarmerie Nationale") were adopted by the French Military as PAMAS ; they feature a manual decocking lever only instead of the safety-decocking lever of the 92 FS. When the decocking lever is released, it automatically returns to the ready to fire position. There is no manual safety.

DS Models
    The DS models are "double action only" pistols: the hammer always follows the slide forward to come to rest in the double action position (the hammer never stays cocked). The hammer spur has been removed, and is flush with the rear of the slide. The manual safety lever on the slide provides the same function as it does on the 92 FS.

D Models
    The D models are also "double action only" pistols. They are identical to the DS models but without the manual safety (the lever has also been eliminated).
    Centurion Models
    These pistols offer the frame (and same magazine capacity) of the basic 92 FS model and the reduced length of the Compact version. Special G Centurion, DS Centurion and D Centurion models are available in some countries.

Competition Conversion Kit Models
    The standard model can be converted with a special conversion kit into a competition target pistol. The kit includes a 7.3 in (190 mm) barrel with counterweight and elevated front sight, a fully-adjustable target rear sight and ergonomic walnut grips.

Target Models
    Designed for competition shooting, these models meet all U.I.T.S. standards for large calibre pistols (P.G.C.). They differ from basic 92 FS in the following aspects: 150 mm (5.9 in) barrel, with aluminum counterweight sleeve, fully-adjustable target rear sight, ergonomic walnut grips with "orange peel" anti-slip finish.

Inox Models
    The Inox models (from the Italian "inoxidable" meaning non-oxidizing) feature the following parts made in stainless steel: the barrel, the slide (including the extractor, the safety and the right-side manual safety lever), the trigger (and trigger pin), and slide stop lever.

Mirror

Out on the Track
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Still looking for gun's guys! A deal fell through for me, and I'm still looking for offers. I'm expanding my search to all calibers.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom