WTB Lead Casting Equipment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CCW

CCW
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Louisiana
    I don't know anything about casting bullets. Someone may have a set up they are willing to sell/trade. Would like to cast 180 grain round nose for .40 S&W round.

Let me know what you have. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

ajridgedell

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 9, 2015
    Loranger, La
    I enjoy casting as much as I enjoy reloading and as much as I enjoy shooting. If you need lead, or when you get ready for some, let me know, I have a crap ton of lead from wheel weights and a crap ton of wheel weights. I bought my equipment from midsouth shooters supply.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    I have been casting and loading since 1967. I enjoy casting, other's evidently don't.
    You can get started with a double cavity Lee mould for $20.00, a Lee electric open top melting pot and a Ladle. Here I prefer the Lyman Ladle with side spout, but the Lee open ladle will work. Get the Lyman Cast Bullet Handbook , latest is Edition 4...Study it well and follow Lee directions for mould use.
    Next you want something to size the bullets with, Lee makes a sizer die for use in a press.
    Cast , sized and lubed....you good to go. Finding a few wheel weights is not that hard, you can still buy them from the scrap yard and I have even traded cast bullets for wheel weights if the tire shop owner was a reloader.
    Gary

Redd508

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Lafayette
    Casting is another relaxing part of the reloading process. Many of my bullets can be loaded and shot as cast with no sizing. Even if you have to buy lead at $1 / pound you can still load and shoot for less than buying plated or jacketed bullets. It doesnt take long to overcome the initial start up cost unless you go whole hog on the most expensive equipment available.

Top Bottom