WTB (or trade for) Cowboy Guns

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    OK, the boy and I went to a SASS event this morning and have decided to buy a set of gear (one between the two of us for now to give it a try). We know we want 45LC pistols and a 45LC lever action rifle, but beyond that, we are pretty open-minded about what we get, relative to cost. IOW, we'll mix and match a little if we can get some deals. The shooters this morning had all three kinds of shotguns and I'm not sure whether to go with between side by side, pump or lever. Let us know what you've got.

cowboy.gif

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    1966 Uberti Yellow boy .22 very early three digit serial # very very nice and rare, It would take something nice to get it away from me, but I've only had it a couple weeks and haven't gotten to attached yet. If it's a gun and valued between 650-700.00 I might consider it.

DSC04063.jpg

DSC04058.jpg

welco425

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have a Rossi 1892 lever action 45LC 20 inch Blue in excellent conditions. I bought this from another Bayou Shooter member. I will sell it for $350. If interested PM me. I am located in Baton Rouge

buck3050

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    LaPlace
    I'm sorry for making you spend money lol I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and hope to see you soon. Like i said the guns are the cheap part of getting into cowboy shooting. The outfits is the cost.

Bayou Buck

OleWild

FBHO
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    West Monroe, LA
    Just a suggestion,
    While 45s make lots of points on style, 38s will be much easier on the pocketbook, wrists and scores.
    Just a suggestion.

I would second that suggestion! When I first started shooting SASS I wanted everything in .45 LC. I listened to someone that had been shooting awhile, and went with .357/.38 caliber guns. Man, am I glad I did! WAY cheaper to shoot...especially if you're not going to reload, which is almost a necessity itself if you're going to be shooting lots of matches...I ended up with a Dillon 650 within a year of starting too. SASS is fun, but can get crazy expensive! Go with something that shoots on the cheap and you'll enjoy it much more because you'll be able to shoot more.

bigsampson

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 25, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    If you are serious about wanting to get into Cowboy, I have something you might be interrested in.
    I have a pair of custom SS Ruger Old model Vaquero's. They have free spin pawls, have half cocks like a colt, frames bead blasted to cut glare, gunfighter grips, custom cylinder pins, radiused cylinders. About every possible upgrade to make them the best cowboy guns you could have. These guns are very distictive and are competition ready. With them is a Custom holster and belt set as well as a shotgun belt. These are all very high grade, hand made stuff by kirkpatrick leather in texas. Been used, but not abused. Will also put in a IAC model 97 in 12 gauge if you are interrested. This gun has been slicked up and is a race gun to the max.
    I'll include 500 rounds of competition 357 too. This is 357 brass loaded with W 231 for light recoil, but good enough for any knockdown or distant target. The perfect load for cowboy. I could probably be talked out of a couple hundred pieces of brass, a 500 round box of lead cowboy bullets and a loading strip too.
    Looking for 2000.00 for the set, would consider partial trades for very high end glass and or tactical bolt style rifles.

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    ok, at the advice of the more experienced, I'm going back and looking at all the 38/357 stuff. throw anything you think might work out there and we'll talk.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom