WTB Sig Sauer P229

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kicks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2011
    I'm interested in buying a new or very clean Sig P229. Anyone selling one or with ideas where to buy would be helpful! In Baton Rouge area.

ETA: Preferably .40, but would consider 9mm.

Last edited:

NUMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Another member by the name of eman2k5 was in the same boat a few weeks back. He may have some good information on where to find one.

Just in case, I'll make the same recommendation I made to him: Unless you're dead set on a 229, give the SIG SP2022 a look. It's the nearly the same size but costs about $500 less than the 229. Some people tend to look down on the 2022 because it's cheaper, has a polymer frame, and hasn't been around as long as the alloy frame "classic" pistols, but having owned both myself, I can tell you that the difference is negligible. If you get a chance, check out SIG Forum. They have a ton of info on all SIG Sauer firearms.

kicks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2011
    I read through that thread, but I'm not able to PM yet (until I get 5 posts)... so hopefully eman2k5 will see this. I was really thinking about the SP2022, but after some deliberation decided to go with the P229. Thanks, NUMP.

NUMP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    No problem. You'll be happy with the 229. But I have to warn you- once you get that first SIG, it's all over. You'll be spoiled for them. I've had 6 so far. It's a disease.

eman2k5

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Aug 6, 2009
    Covington, LA
    Yes sig is a disease, just yesterday I was at lafayette shooters playing with the P238.....so it left the store with me.

I was at Jims couple of weeks back. They had Sig BNIB $900 range. They also had a couple of used ones. One being $600 (Sig Refurb redbox) the other one being a bit cheaper like $500 but the barrel is pitted and that shows abuse to me. I would go with the Refurb its factory warranty on it. You will love the P229.

5760 Siegen Ln., Suite A
    Baton Rouge, LA 70809
    P: (225) 293-JIMS (5467)

I would call them up before going to make sure.

Rocko58

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Laplace, LA
    I have a sig 229 elite dark, non threaded barrel, in like new condition. My round count through the gun is approx. 100. What is your price range?

kicks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2011
    I have a sig 229 elite dark, non threaded barrel, in like new condition. My round count through the gun is approx. 100. What is your price range?

I wish I could take your elite dark, but I'm thinking I want to spend about $600. :wtc:

tarhee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2011
    I have a P229 DA/SA in .40 cal with 2 12rd mags. It's in great shape- just a little sheen on the finish near the muzzle from carry in a holster. It's a German made frame, so it does not have a rail. I'll ship it to your FFL for $585. Let me know if you'd like pictures of it. My email is tcorban@columbus.rr.com.

Trent2

Ole Dead Eye
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 2, 2008
    Oscar, LA
    If you're still looking, I have a P229 DA/SA in .40 with the rail, two mags., stock grips and a set of Hogue grips, hard case and I just had brand new night sights put on it last year. $625
    Let me know and I can get you some pics.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom