WTB walnut wood

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PrairieCajun

Ima let dat pass dis time
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 4, 2010
    B.R.(da hood), LA
    would like to buy walnut wood to make a stock 22in long 4 1/3in wide 2 1/2in thick in the Lafayette area pm me or text me 337-303-8947 thank you

Hogan's Hardwood
    1636 Walker Rd
    Scott, LA 70583

(337) 289-5483

Go see these guys and tell them what you want. I've made many pieces of my own furniture and these folks are Louisiana based(Ruston) and do a great job at getting what you need.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Stocks are generally made from the wood that is located under the ground in the stump. That is why blanks are usually very expensive. One or two per tree.

ulshop

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    lafayette
    Finding anything local thicker than 8/4 is going to be difficult. I've been going to Hogan's for years, great guys... they don't normally stock much thicker than 2". They might have something thicker at the main warehouse that they can ship down. I've had students go to Acadian Hardwoods in Ponchatoula? and had luck finding what they needed. Woodworkerssource.com has 12/4 for $16 a board foot and I've found some good deals on Ebay as well. We just happen to live in a place that lacks a good/diverse selection of hardwood dealers..... good luck.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom