WTF is the big, ugly, SOB???

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Back when I was in about 6th grade I left my Keds on the back step one night. The next morning I slip them on and go to school. Sitting in class I feel like my toe is twitching. I wiggle them around to see if I can stop it. It won't stop so I take off my shoe to rub my toes and a wolf spider runs out of my shoe. Talk about some ensuing commotion in the classroom.

Captain_Morgan

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Wolf spiders are mostly harmless. Next time you see one, look at it's abdomen to see if it's carrying around it's babies. If you're afraid of spiders, you'll **** yourself when a couple dozen little ones start scattering after you squish the big one. :D

6a00d8341bf67c53ef0148c7fbacb8970c-800wi

Cubsfan

Holy Cow!
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Gretna, LA
    That is a female Huntsman spider, not a wolf spider. The males are about 1/4 that size. They eat a lot of roaches especially. Great natural pest control. They are harmless, not aggressive at all, and very good at what they do. Be glad they are there.

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Eight legged freaks.....can't stand them. Louisiana's giant golden orb spiders are the worst. Always hanging across every trail I'm on...just waiting for me.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    Eight legged freaks.....can't stand them. Louisiana's giant golden orb spiders are the worst. Always hanging across every trail I'm on...just waiting for me.

My brother was riding his motorscooter in the woods and took one square in the face. He want one way and the scooter went another.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

My brother was riding his motorscooter in the woods and took one square in the face. He want one way and the scooter went another.

They might look as big as a sea creature, but they're very timid- unless you're a bug. :chuckles:

I wish I had a c-note for every time l've felt those little single "claws" crawling on the back of my neck in the woods....:dogkeke:

Mojo Rider

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Timid my ass....they've been seen eating lizards. You could seal me up in a sleeping bag with 30 live cottonmouths and Rosie O'donnell and I'd be cool as a cucumber but get me anywhere near a giant spider and I lose it.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Timid my ass....they've been seen eating lizards. You could seal me up in a sleeping bag with 30 live cottonmouths and Rosie O'donnell and I'd be cool as a cucumber but get me anywhere near a giant spider and I lose it.

LOL They're really not bad, man.

Top Bottom