WWL has an "assault rifle" poll.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    Not sure if this is how the wording always went but now it reads, "Are you for or against banning assault weapons?" This is not a yes or no question, yet these are your only options.

Yeah. What idiot is wording this thing?

Are you for or against killing babies? YES or NO.

idiots.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Not sure if this is how the wording always went but now it reads, "Are you for or against banning assault weapons?" This is not a yes or no question, yet these are your only options.

That is some crazy wording, don't really know how to take it.

SamNavy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Belle Chasse, LA
    Those mother ****ers... I just refreshed the POLL and now the answers are FOR and AGAINST. I'm hoping my previous answer of NO translates into AGAINST.
    Seriously, who the hell at that station approved this poll. They need to invalidate all the previous replies and start over again tomorrow.

Of course now I click the CONTACT US link at the bottom of the page and it's NOT AVAILABLE... seriously, there's nowhere on the website you can list an email address other than the ONLY page on the whole thing that isn't working.

I wonder how many emails they've received this morning regarding their crap poll.
    Anybody with the stations email address please post it.

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Am I the only one thinking that question doesn't gauge anything at all because the wording is so poor? "Are you for or against banning assault weapons?" The choices are "Yes" or "No," so you are either saying "Yes, I am for or against banning assault weapons," or "No, I'm not for or against banning assault weapons." It's like one of those South Park clips where they interview wishy-washy people who all sit on the fence and won't commit to an answer. "Yes" and "No" should be changed to "For" and "Against" for consistency with the original question. It's a bit nit-picky, but those in the media are supposed to have a competent grasp on language and connotation.

EDIT: Looks like several others noticed while I was typing, and apparently the website, too.

Last edited:

SamNavy

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    Belle Chasse, LA
    I just cycled through every page on the website... the CONTACT US page is the only one not working.
    Can anybody think of a single reason they don't want to receive any emails or phone-calls right now? Bueller?

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0

:hi5:

That's the worst poll question I've ever heard.

"ARE YOU FOR OR AGAINST BANNING ASSAULT WEAPONS?"

Then the answers are YES OR NO!

Yes, I'm FOR banning assault weapons.
    Yes, I'm AGAINST banning assault weapons.

WTF kind of wording is that?

The defense rests. ;)

New Poll--

Do you think the idiots who came up with these polls should be deported?

YES or NO.

See, that wasn't difficult at all. :chuckles:

Enraged Gecko

Rating - 81.8%
    9   2   0
    Jun 14, 2012
    Walker, La
    Just posted a link to the poll on another forum I'm active on, AKFiles.com. Hopefully the number of participants opposed to banning assault weapons will increase dramatically before WWL decides to shut the poll down.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    jesus christ. are these really the kind of people who are responsible for giving us the news? we now have journalists who cant even form a poll correctly

What do you expect when they pronounce New Orleans; ........Naw'lins.....:own3d:

Top Bottom