Wyoming Arms Parker 45acp 3 3/8 inch barrel Stainless pistol

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    Picked this one up recently and just wanted to know if any members have one of these. This is the compact or 3 3/8 inch barrel model. Somewhat hard to find from what I read. Did all the research I could and just curious about personal experiences with this out of production pistol. The pistol has all its parts including the elusive spring loaded ejector that is often lost.

Apparently a lot of pistols were produced in several calibers. Most articles I have found center on the 10mm models. I shot this one today and it needed to have the extractor spring replaced. As parts are scarce, I used a cut down Browning Hi Power extractor spring I had laying around and after about an hour testing several adjustments I made to the spring length the pistol ran flawlessly. Interesting to me and fun as well. Let me know if you have one of these and what has been your experience. Most reviews on the web say they are junk. This one looks like it was only fired sparingly and not banged up or sloppy fit. It does have some handling marks, but overall very nice condition. The fella I got if from said it belonged to his Grandfather. He must have taken good care of it.

I did not strip the grips off the frame as folks said they are integral to the function of the pistol. The left grip houses the slide release lever spring. If you have one of these models and have taken the grips off to completely strip the gun, please let me know so I could possibly get some photos.

Anyway, a few photos. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    Thanks. I have that manual, but still no info provided in the manual for proper way of disassembling the grip frame for hammer, trigger removal, etc. without causing problems. It doesn't even show the left grip at all, ha. That's why I am looking for someone who owns one and has completely taken it apart. Looking at parts might help a gunsmith, but I'm not there yet. Thanks again.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I have a 10mm standard length slide.
    the ejector spring is small, and will fall out during disassembly. easy to loose

one of the first things I did was to remove the slide from the frame, and applied a metal polish to the rails.
    spent my free time for a few days racking the slide and pulling the trigger.
    The stainless is pretty rough on them, the polish really smoothed out the action.

bonewagon

Carbon Sasquatch
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Nov 9, 2009
    Jeff Davis Parish
    Thanks Rainsdrops. I think I will give it a try. This one is still fit pretty snug. Never thought about polishing the rails. I did lube it pretty good before I shot it. I heard the stainless is not quite up to today's standards and may gall. Thanks again.

Rainsdrops

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Houma
    I haven't read of any galling, but It isn't as smooth as other stainless 1911s I have. I've been wanting to make myself a set of wood grips, but ever got around to it

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom