XD9 trigger work

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I'd recommend the Springer Precision trigger kit. It's not 100% drop-in but the install is still pretty easy and results in a fantastic trigger. You can also mail your gun to Springer and have him do the full trigger job which is even better.

DuckYou

Angry Wiener
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I have not looked at my XD for a while, but you should be able to do the 25 cent trigger job on it. You polish all points of contact in the trigger system, making sure not to change any angles or point of contact in a major way. This smooths the trigger pull and can take off .5-3 pounds of pull depending on where it is starting from.

go-to73

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    I can do that!

I have not looked at my XD for a while, but you should be able to do the 25 cent trigger job on it. You polish all points of contact in the trigger system, making sure not to change any angles or point of contact in a major way. This smooths the trigger pull and can take off .5-3 pounds of pull depending on where it is starting from.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Don't get to over zealous with the .25 trigger job. Start slow and test it often. Worst case scenario you will have to replace all the trigger components which is your other option right now anyway.

I just don't think I'd ever buy a second hand pistol that had a .25 trigger job. Just something to consider.

Top Bottom