XDm Conversion barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03GeeTee

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I really like my XDM. However, I do not like the higher price of ammo and snappiness of the .40 ... I have even considered trading/ selling the .40 and getting the 9. Do they make a .40 to 9mm barrel conversion for the XDm like they do for glocks?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    The PistolGear conversion barrel for 5" XD models will drop right in. The barrel will extend past the slide 1/2" unless it bothers you, then you can have it cut down and recrowned. Or better yet, have it threaded and slap a silencer on it. :naughty:

http://www.pistolgear.com/proddetail.php?prod=00PG015

If you are doing it for cost savings, you'd have to shoot a good bit to make up the cost of the barrel and mags. If you are doing it because you don't like the .40, I'd trade/sell for a 9mm.

03GeeTee

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Yea, I guess those are a bit expensive by the time you factor in barrel, spring and 9mm mags. I might just try and get the XDm9 ... I also shot my friend's XDm .45 and it still recoils a hell of alot less than my .40 does. I can't afford to shoot much .45 though

bs875

Rating - 100%
    232   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Yea, I guess those are a bit expensive by the time you factor in barrel, spring and 9mm mags. I might just try and get the XDm9 ... I also shot my friend's XDm .45 and it still recoils a hell of alot less than my .40 does. I can't afford to shoot much .45 though

You don't need a new spring. Just drop the barrel in and get a mag for the range. Here's another.

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/proddetail.php?prod=XDM9SBC

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    +1 for EFK and Storm Lake, I had a ported 9mm conversion made by EFK for my xd40V10 and now I am actually running a match grade barrel from Storm Lake in the same weapon.

Any time you buy a conversion barrel its is best to stay with FACTORY magazines, they will function better, I tried the Pro Mag route and it would fail often, the recoil spring is the same eventhough you can always add up a full size guide rod and have an even sweeter set up.

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Top Bottom