XDS? Anyone got one?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I've only been able to actually handle one of these once at a show in Hattiesburg a few months ago. I REALLY want one. I figure it'll be like every other XD but smaller. Anyone have one to confirm that?

Jeaux E

TROMIX Fan
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2007
    Little Rock
    Great little pistol !! Excellent engineering as to the recoil management for such a small package in .45 acp !!
    It'll quickly be your go-to, #1 carry...............
    (There are 7-round mags available, too.....)

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    great to hear.. I love my XD45 and XDm9, but they're too bulky for carry. This will be one of my next purchases.

mukwah

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2012
    Shreveport,La
    Got one about a month ago and really love it! Destined to be my EDC once I run it through the proper paces.
    egubamaj.jpg

Last edited:

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Man I can't find one anywhere. Gonna call Dad's Super Pawn in Gulfport in the morning before I head out to NO for the Sugar Bowl, if they don't have it I'm going to stop by Richie's PNG to see if they can order one.

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    Richie's PNG in Picayune has one for $659, stainless. I thought they were better on their prices. Guess I'll drive a few miles out of the way for a nonstainless for $519. I know stainless costs more, but I know Springfield products and it is not that much of a difference.

Bspencer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Slidell LA
    I saw one the other day at Pelican Pawn in Denham Springs. Call and ask for Mike M. 225-664-6072. I bought an AR from them recently and they are a pleasure to deal with. I pretty sure it was priced in around $519.

Bspencer

dtd80

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Friend has one. I definitely need to get one for summer carry. Very impressed with what you get stock.I wouldn't shoot hundreds of rounds at each range session but the recoil is definitely tame for a pistol that small in 45acp.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    great little gun. I decided on the colt defender for a edc .45, but this was a strong contender. fantastic little gun, esp for louisiana weather (90degrees 11 months of year)

mct601

Airborne IV Peddler
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2008
    Hattiesburg
    I live in MS guys. Thank you VERY much for the references, but its a hassle doing the whole FFL thing.

I traveled the hour to Dad's Super Pawn in Gulfport and got my black XDS for $519. No way I was paying the Richie's price. I like it the feel as I already knew, but have not shot it yet. Hopefully get a little trigger time this weekend

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    djrara323
    Top Bottom