You are in my lane!!!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    Leaving my home this morning headed to work I am driving down a two lane residential street. There is a car park in the other lane in front of his house. On coming traffic guy pulls into my lane and expects me to yield. Anybody know the law on this-Jefferson Parish? I tried looking it up with no luck.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Leaving my home this morning headed to work I am driving down a two lane residential street. There is a car park in the other lane in front of his house. On coming traffic guy pulls into my lane and expects me to yield. Anybody know the law on this-Jefferson Parish? I tried looking it up with no luck.

NOLACOP can help you with the actual law, but I can tell you that "On Coming Traffic Guy" is an IDIOT. :doh:

Saftman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Lafayette, La.
    This happens to me all the time. I think you had the right of way since the oncoming traffic had to cross the center line. That's my take on it anyway.

3axap

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    He who has an obstruction in his lane must yield to any other motorists and proceed only when its safe to do so. Its somewhere in the traffic rule book :)

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    If I'm not mistaken, in Jefferson Parish, in this circumstance you are allowed to put two warning shots into either the radiator or windshield.:D

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Isn't that common sense? Several years back I ran head-on into a car full of young kids who did exactly that. I wouldn't yield, and they took my lane, so I smashed right into them. Of course they had no insurance, so I had to eat the $1200 repair bill, but (because I accelerated into the collision) the other guy's truck had an equal amount of damage, but since I turned at the last moment, my damage was cosmetic, while his motor was wrecked. Money well spent.

13 years ago I lived in Austin, TX, and while driving home in standstill traffic on a road with two undivided lanes in each direction, a couple young Hispanic guys, shirtless and tattooed driving an old Nova came up behind me blowing the horn, yelling, hanging out the window, and expecting me to get out of their way. Of course there was nowhere to go, so I endured the noise. They switched lanes and worked their way up next to me, then when the light chaged, the driver turned the wheel and struck my Mazda 323 forcing me into a lane of oncoming traffic.

Well.

My blood got up, and I downshifted into first. I ran the motor up to about 30,000 rpm, and drove straight at the driver's door, and the impact lifted the Nova's front wheels up off the road as I accelerated relentlessly forcing his car toward a post on the far side of the road while the kid ran his motor up fruitlessly trying to gain some control as his death appeared imminent before him. My plan was to t-bone his car on the post preferably injuring the two guys.

The blood-lust made me miss my target, and I left them in a ditch instead and drove away with a crushed hood, radiator, and passenger-side fender. By the time I got to a Quikie-mart and called the police, the person answering the phone told me that several people had already called in the accident. She also told me I was her hero. My mechanic looked at me, laughed, shook his head, and asked what happened. I explained, and he asked whether the guys had insurance. I laughed. The bill was close to $2000, but I can tell you now that was the best $2000 I have EVER spent.

Last edited:

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    hell yea, awesome..

There was a case in Louisville, where a sports car ran a 4x4 off or out of his lane and it was full of young punks.. the 4x4 driver was LEO reserve

the next red light caught the big truck behind the red car.. he drops it into low and pushes the car full of people into traffic .. hurting some... and losing his commission.. but he said it was worth it..

I was in a 92 single cab nissan truck traveling on a one way road with two lanes and residential parking on the right hand side while I drive in the left lane..

I had a guy come up riding my bumper and so close I could not see his lights.. for 500 yards or so.. I then just turn on my turn signal and he swerves way to the right.. crashing at 65 MPH (est) into the parked cars on the right ... exploding into a fireball and crashing 4 cars into one another..

I kept driving.. :)

eagle359

AARP Newbie
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Terrytown, LA
    Thanks for the destructive advice. I just paid off my Tundra, so I do not think bashing fenders on Mystic is an option-as much as I would like to. Sometimes I wish I had kept the POS '89 F-150.

Maybe a rental and just get all the insurance.

my-rifle

I make my own guns.
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2007
    Jefferson Parish
    Sometimes having an old car and lots of disposable income works out really well. I'm here to tell you, those were the most therapeutic things I've ever done.

Top Bottom