You are no longer welcome at this establishment

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    This establishment being Diamond Training Center. Stay out of lane 7. It has a tendency to throw bullets back at you. I've been struck in the face twice by projectiles coming out of the bullet trap. The operator does not believe this happens.

His exact words, "I don't buy that."

I'll tolerate a lot of things, but being called a liar isn't one of them.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   0
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    This establishment being Diamond Training Center. Stay out of lane 7. It has a tendency to throw bullets back at you. I've been struck in the face twice by projectiles coming out of the bullet trap. The operator does not believe this happens.

His exact words, "I don't buy that."

I'll tolerate a lot of things, but being called a liar isn't one of them.

Were you talking to Troy ?

If so, that sucks.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Is that the old red jacket firing range? If so, I have been hit by shrapnel there as well. I think they have a much different backstop than precision or any other place I have shot at.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Is that the old red jacket firing range? If so, I have been hit by shrapnel there as well. I think they have a much different backstop than precision or any other place I have shot at.

It is. They have some really chewed up steel plates that they tried covering with carpet and sand. The plates need replacing - not some bandaid patch job.

Baldrik78

Misanthrope Savant
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    unless someone is Bleeding and you have video, I doubt they care..

When it happened, I was bleeding, streaming down my nose, actually, and immediately reported it to the "range officer" who took a "report" on the back of some other form. He saw the blood coming out of my face.

No video though. That must have been what I was missing. No video = obvious liar.

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    This is why we wear safety glasses. Glad you're okay as it could have been much worse. I've always had great experiences there, but since Gnomez ain't there no mo, and this, I'll stay away :)

idunno

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 29, 2007
    Prairieville, LA
    It's been a few years, but I have been hit in the face with shrapnel at Precision. Don't remember the details such as caliber, lane no., or anything else, but I was hit. Twice in one shooting session IIRC

homeslice

Be honest.
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    St. Charles Parish
    It's been a few years, but I have been hit in the face with shrapnel at Precision. Don't remember the details such as caliber, lane no., or anything else, but I was hit. Twice in one shooting session IIRC

As I understand it, the usual crew at Precision that does USPSA style steel targets, this was a normal thing. It stings, you move on. They have since moved to the plastic targets, I believe.

Top Bottom