You pay for what you get...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    The other night I decided to order a holster and belt for when my permit arrives. Wasn't exactly sure what I wanted in a CC holster, so decided to buy a cheap leather one off of Ebay(owb). Well, it BLOWS. I now know I want a can't in it, and something semi easy to slip on/off. It's for my glock 27, right handed, plan to carry at around 4 o'clock. Any suggestions on one to try?

If anyone had any laying around, I would be interested in purchasing, also looking for a decent OWB that "rides high". Thanks

lachef

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    New Orleans
    I have heard good things about White Hat IWB holster. And with their design you can change out the kydex part and change the holster for about $20. I ordered one about 2 weeks ago they are running about 4 weeks to your door so we will see if they live up to the hype. There is also Milt Sparks and they have awesome holsters but they are 6 months back logged. Locally there is savoy leather and ferrara leather.

Doctor481

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Ponchatoula
    Ordered a Hidden Hybrid for a XDs. Fairly comfortable. Convertible from IWB to belt slide.
    Happy with it, will order 1 for the 1911 somewhere in the future.

andimthejr

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    westbank
    i have a Glock 27 and i purchased a N82 tactical "professional model" its very comfortable it literally disappears sitting standing laying it feels like its not there check em out its worth the price you can adjust cant and its easy to reholster mine shipped before the ten days they advertise and i couldnt be more happy no part of the gun touchs your skin i think thats what makes it so comfortable http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=3167

Last edited:

hpcatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    Greater New Orleans Area
    For IWB, I wear only horsehide Tommy Theis. Like Crossbreed, but slightly cheaper and much better shipping times. Went through quite a few before I found them and own four for different guns. Tommy is a pleasure with whom to deal.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    If you want a kydex/leather hybrid, Comptac and Crossbreed are the originals and have perfected it. I don't see any reason to look at any copies. Personally I prefer the Comptac MTAC over the Crossbreed, but it does cost a little more.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    A member has a crossbreed super tuck for a decent price, I think I will try that. The n82 seems comfortable, but I really wanted two clips to hold still.

Benorth: would love to support the locals, and WILL as soon as I know exactly what style works for me.

And another learned lesson: just because you wear a 36 pants, doesn't mean that's the size CC belt you need :roll eyes:

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    CrossBreed. Just sent mine in for repair and within one week I was sent a brand new one. Go check out the sponsers section and you won't see one bad thing about them.

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Crossbreed is an excellent holster but not the easiest to put on and take off while still wearing your pants.
    I use an IWB Kydex from RM holsters. It's very comfortable and very easy to put on and take off. Drawback is it's not adjustible like the crossbreed. Holsters are like most things. It's what suits you best. If you know people that conceal carry as to try theirs on. No sense putting out big bucks and not being satisfied. Crossbreed does offer a 30 day moneyback trial period which is a definate plus. Good luck

Here's my RM. This side goes inside your pants against your skin.

IMG_3521_zpsc2afc2e7.jpg

this side faces out. the only thing that shows is the belt clip. You specify usual belt width and desired cant.

IMG_3520_zpsa65212e0.jpg

IMG_3523_zps998b3de2.jpg

IMG_3524_zps07322b9a.jpg

olivs260

Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Sep 23, 2009
    Geismar, LA
    +1 for RM low-rider. It's boring (no cool features or adjustable parts) but it is easily the most comfortable and more easily-concealed holster I've run across.

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    I have a RM Low Rider for each one of my carry guns. I think they are the most comfortable IWB holster I have tried. My first IWB holster was an MTAC but i swaped to the Low Rider.

Gunfighter

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 13, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I forgot to add, with the RM you should wear a tee shirt of some kind under your outer shirt to keep the holster from rubbing and irritating you side. Something thin like an athletic tee for instance. Just something to keep the kydex away from your skin.

Swamp_Man

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Pierre Part, Louisiana
    RM Holsters in Baton Rouge. You can't go wrong. Great guy to deal with and you will be satisfied with any holster you buy from there. I have the Lowrider IWB for my SR40 and I'm going to order one for my Glock27 in a few days.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cajuntiger84
    Top Bottom