Your worst injuries. Post pics.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • general mills

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Denham Springs (BR,Hammond area)
    No pics of any injuries. I have broken both arms (1 at a time on 3 separate occasions), ribs, nose, finger, foot (also all separate occasions.)I've had over 70 stitches in all (I think). Had 52 at once around my right eye, went afoul of a fellow and a beer bottle when I was younger. Saw my own skull that night, and had half my eyelid sewn back. My upper lip still has a different sensory feel on the right than the left (23 years ago), it was numb below the lacerations for a few years after it happened.

a month and a half ago I went over the bars of a dirt bike. Left knee hit the bar and swelled up like a grapefruit, bruising down in my ankle. Still trying to get right from that. I'm due for something in a couple months, I'll see if I can keep a camera handy.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    This ankle is still rough after a week. I have a feeling its going to be at least 1 more week before i start to feel 100%. Anyone else tempt fate lately?

ddeacon1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Slidell, LA
    No pictures...Working on a cedar chest and too cheap/lazy to get quarter round. I broke out the table saw and started cutting down some round stock. Walked my left hand across the blade. Middle finger was cut lengthwise down to the knuckle (to make what looked like six fingers), fore finger cut at knuckle to the bone and the entire pad of the thumb was gone. Was lucky to have a highly rated hand doctor on call at the hospital. Still have all fingers, all the correct length and have almost 100% use. That is except when it gets cold or the arthritis acts up.

Tx_oil

Tx_oil
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    Youngsville
    No pics, but had part of foot amputated in 2007 from bone infection. Surgeon at that time did not remove all of bad bone, and then this April the same foot developed multiple abcesses due to bone remnant, another surgery opened up 4" x 2" area on bottom of foot and 6 inch long trench on edge of foot. Lots of fun!

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Ouch!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!

No pics, but had part of foot amputated in 2007 from bone infection. Surgeon at that time did not remove all of bad bone, and then this April the same foot developed multiple abcesses due to bone remnant, another surgery opened up 4" x 2" area on bottom of foot and 6 inch long trench on edge of foot. Lots of fun!

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Layed my bike down for the first time offroading 2 weekends ago. I was doing about 40 on a gravel road and a waterfilled pothole popped up from nowhere so I gave her some gas to glide over it but then my buddys truck was coming up...I went a little too much on the front brake and she washed out from underneath me. I was seeing stars when I stood up oh and helmets are awesome. I ended up with a skinned knee and elbow, sore shoulder and a pretty nasty bruised up and swollen hip. Only got pics of the bruising the others werent that entertaining. My left love handle is fatter than my right haha. It sucks for Iwb carry though..now my damn jeans fit tighter. Oh well heres pics.

7xYqBxW.jpg

X0SsOmL.jpg

Last edited:

Blue Diamond

sportsman
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2014
    Metairie, La.
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOh S=+T, That be bad.
    Layed my bike down for the first time offroading 2 weekends ago. I was doing about 40 on a gravel road and a waterfilled pothole popped up from nowhere so I gave her some gas to glide over it but then my buddys truck was coming up...I went a little too much on the front brake and she washed out from underneath me. I was seeing stars when I stood up oh and helmets are awesome. I ended up with a skinned knee and elbow, sore shoulder and a pretty nasty bruised up and swollen hip. Only got pics of the bruising the others werent that entertaining. My left love handle is fatter than my right haha. It sucks for Iwb carry though..now my damn jeans fit tighter. Oh well heres pics.

7xYqBxW.jpg

X0SsOmL.jpg

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Yea, I have a few.. Thankfully I usually did it when cameras were not on every phone.
    One memorable event.
    Working the swamp lease , I had an Old School mud boat with a EA71 subaru in it. I was lead boat busting lillies for the surface drives. I made a path, let the fast turning guys pass and I tried to turn like he was and as fast.. Well, As some of you know, the old mudboats did fine slower, but above 20 or so, they slide.. I got hung on a sand bar.. I hit reverse and forward working a spot to turn.. well the stump jumper hooked a log, at wide open throttle.. so, imagine a 5k dual exhaust engine and drive shaft below me, I fall backwards, hooking my leather belt on the day tank, hanging upside down , inches from the Ujoint spinning at 5k. I am also surrounded by now, red hot glowing exhaust. I cant recover the seat, so I push back hard, breaking the belt, my pants go into the shaft and rip off me . Now I am butt ass naked, stand up, burning both ass cheeks, second degree.. size of baseballs.. I work my way back to the camp house.. 14 miles from the road and only 2 miles from the accident.. but was completely naked and shocky.. I step off the boat, without tieing it off, it shoots across the water, I fall in the water and now need to swim to the boat and pull it back to the camp.. found some pants and went home.. I have pics, but are of me naked.. lol Not sharing..

Ellis1958

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jul 9, 2009
    Port Allen, LA
    Not me but I saw this happen. Couple of us were bs'ing when the accident occurred. One we were bs'ing with is a surgical nurse. She ran up, saw the injuries and immediately came back as soon as the local EMS showed up. "He's dead", she pronounced. Bad part is that we both knew the dude and he was so screwed that we didn't recognize him.

Deal was he wasn't dead, just way way screwed up. And forever he will be known as "Dead Mike". Mike being Mike he put up a website with all the surgery photos and how this life changing event changed his outlook on life. In a lot of ways we can learn from it.

http://deadmike.com/

PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    Totalled my Harley-Davidson Superglide in March 2008. Pickup truck pulled out of gas station directly in front of me, no time to do more than grab the brake. Fortunately, my injuries were limited to some impressive bruises (like rcm192's pic, but over almost my entire back from waist to shoulder blades) and one broken bone in my right hand. Sorry, couldn't find the pics.

Last edited:

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    Absolutely the worst and most expensive of many over my long life.

June 05, 2015. Stepped out my front door (gated community, upper class homes) wearing slides instead of the usual western boots. Just going to make sure the vehicle was secure and all guns and cameras were locked in. Dark, about 8:30pm. Stepped on a 3.5 foot cotton mouth that had rested on my welcome mat. It bit me. No pain compares to it. Felt like leg was being fried.

A trip to the ER, 14 hrs in ICU, 4 shots of morphine, two of demerol. five days in a hospital bed, 24 bags of IV. Two weeks of not being able to keep anything on my stomach. Lost over 30 pounds. Srill seeing dr every three months to remove skin tissue inside foot that is dying due to bite to keep from getting gangrene.

Hospital bill was $187,538.

Attachments

• IMG_8243.JPG
      IMG_8243.JPG
      52.4 KB · Views: 145

oldman45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    northwest LA
    It gets interesting though.

Neither of the drs working on me knew me prior to then. One of them told me that I had a grassy textured Welcome mat. He said snakes will crawl around the foundation of houses at night to catch crickets, bugs, mice and frogs. They get the grassy mat and they feel at home and will curl up on them during the darkness hours. He had treated three venomous snake bites in the previous year. Two of them were from snakes on a grassy welcome mat.

My current mat is plastic.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom