Zea Restaurant, Outstanding

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk

Blackhawk
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Pollock LA
    I went with some of the family to Zea Restaurant (in Kenner) this past weekend. It was the second time I've been to Zea. I thought the first time might have been a fluke but now I'm convinced that I've found a new favorite restaurant. Excellent service, super-delicious food, large servings, wide selection, nice atmosphere. Did I say super-delicious food? If they'd only expand to the Alexandria area!

richiespng

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Picayune, MS
    Easily my favorite place to eat. Little trick passed on to me from a friend. If you get the roasted corn grits get a side of the Thai sauce they use on the ribs. Drizzle a little over the grits. Amazing!

BOSS351

CZech It Out
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Prairieville
    I don't know which is closer for you...Lafayette or Baton Rouge. There are locations in both towns and I've been to both and as expected, they were excellent...FYI, if you like thier Thai ribs, I think I saw Winn Dixie had the sauce available..We used to purchase them from the restaurants themselves when my wife had a craving for some done at home. Damn good stuff indeed!!!! Hell, now ya'll got me hungry for some Zea stuff....

Ritten

SSST Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Dec 8, 2007
    Thibodaux, Louisiana
    I work 5 min. from the one on Manhattan here in Harvey and of the few dozen times we've had business lunches there over the years I can't remember ever being disappointed in either the service or the food.

DO NOT order the Honey Island Chicken sandwich unless you are HUNGRY!!!

Countryman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2011
    Lafayette
    Thai Ribs, Roasted corn grits (a must try if you haven't yet), and Zea potatoes, turtle cheese cake to finish. I am truly content for the rest of day:)

Leadslugga

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 14, 2009
    Baton Rouge,LA
    I've always liked Zea since they opened up in Metairie several years ago. I'm actually meeting my fiancee at the one in Baton Rouge Towne Center for lunch tomorrow. The pesto crusted trout is my favorite thing on their lunch menu, with thai snap beans and the corn grits.

Log Island

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    Twice cripsy duck, corn grits, and sugar snap beans..
    Really liked the shrimp bami noodle, but was taken off the menu a few yrs ago...
    And of course the Thai ribs...
    Their micro brews are pretty good too.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    I ate there so much, I made myself sick of it and have not had it about a year, or a little more

Sent from my Samsung-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk because AT&T 4G sucks majorly.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It's my favorite go to restaurant for a quick meal that's consistently good. I go there all the time for lunch and dinner. I usually do the 1/2 and 1/2 where you get 1/2 a rack of ribs of your choice and 1/2 a chicken of your choice and two sides. Usually its the thai ribs with the sweet and spicy chicken, with either double corn grits, or grits and a vegetable (gotta throw something green in there or else I'd have a heart attack).

Also if you are ever in New Orleans, eat at the one on St. Charles. For some reason I've eaten at ALL the NOLA locations (river ridge, manhattan, veterans, and kenner) and the St Charles location has THE best location for their steak. For they must rotisserie it there, b/c all the edges are nicely burnt, usually it's a nice cut of ribeye perfect in size. And they just salt and pepper it which is how I like my steak. I don't need a garlic herb butter on my steak, just give me a good cut, and cook it medium rare....

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    It's my favorite go to restaurant for a quick meal that's consistently good. I go there all the time for lunch and dinner. I usually do the 1/2 and 1/2 where you get 1/2 a rack of ribs of your choice and 1/2 a chicken of your choice and two sides. Usually its the thai ribs with the sweet and spicy chicken, with either double corn grits, or grits and a vegetable (gotta throw something green in there or else I'd have a heart attack).

Also if you are ever in New Orleans, eat at the one on St. Charles. For some reason I've eaten at ALL the NOLA locations (river ridge, manhattan, veterans, and kenner) and the St Charles location has THE best location for their steak. For they must rotisserie it there, b/c all the edges are nicely burnt, usually it's a nice cut of ribeye perfect in size. And they just salt and pepper it which is how I like my steak. I don't need a garlic herb butter on my steak, just give me a good cut, and cook it medium rare....

bassicpackrat

Dopplebock Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    Opelousas,LA 70570
    Thai Ribs, Roasted corn grits (a must try if you haven't yet), and Zea potatoes, turtle cheese cake to finish. I am truly content for the rest of day:)

This!!! My wife and I get the full rack of Thai ribs with an extra order of corn grits when we go and split it. They are awesome! Also the duck is really good too, but the ribs are our favorite.

Top Bottom