Zimmerman ~ NOT Guilty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    So running around without any type of training is ok? I think not. Basic laws on probable cause should be taught, if your going to try an follow someone you think is a suspect in a crime.

At the time z followed m no life or property were in harms way. So what gave him the right to pursuit or even investigate the suspected person?

Could it have been that m taught it was another homie trying to harm him that night? If he was a thug that wouldn't be hard to understand that someone who try and harm him. Due to black and black crime happening daily.

I'm not an officer, but I'm pretty sure exhibiting really strange behavior in a high crime area is grounds for reasonable suspicion. I also know that turning away from an officer and walking away "nervously" has been upheld as a valid reason for a stop. That said, Zimmerman wasn't stopping anyone, he needs no right to peruse as he has a right to travel.

Coonie

Damn Yankee.
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Evanston IL
    If Z was really patrolling the area with his cop wannabe h@rd-on like everybody portrays him, why didn't he stop his vehicle immediately at the first sighting of T and jump out of his vehicle with his flashlight shining in T's eyes and confront him then?

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    So running around without any type of training is ok? I think not. Basic laws on probable cause should be taught, if your going to try an follow someone you think is a suspect in a crime.
    Where in the Justifiable Homicide law does "probable cause" come into play?

At the time z followed m no life or property were in harms way. So what gave him the right to pursuit or even investigate the suspected person?
    You're phrasing the question as if he has to have permission to do something before he can do it. What law says a person can NOT be a good witness and keep visual contact with someone who is visible from public.

Could it have been that m taught it was another homie trying to harm him that night? If he was a thug that wouldn't be hard to understand that someone who try and harm him. Due to black and black crime happening daily.
    I don't really understand the question.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Seeing as this has already received 100,000,000 times the media exposure it should have, I for one am glad this BS is over.

The End. :)

CEHollier

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 29, 2007
    Prairieville
    Thinking ahead ,what will he do in life to earn a wage ? Will anyone hire him? It seems to me his life is socially over.

Time heals wounds. He would be wise to move to an area with a low black population for now. In time he will be able to return a resemblance of a normal life.

rocketsteve

Florida Cracker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    Nowhere
    Thinking ahead ,what will he do in life to earn a wage ? Will anyone hire him? It seems to me his life is socially over.

Zimmerman WILL find work, somewhere. At least 1/3 of the country thinks he was justified in his actions. Liberal west coast and liberal east coast U.S. may be pretty tough for him, but he should find it much easier to get a job in the center of the country.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I asked myself how I would feel if my husband followed an unknown individual in such a way that intimidated him. And I'd be pretty upset. One of my first lessons was not to make someone's argument my own. This boy wasn't actively seen in the commission of a crime. He wasn't raping a woman, kidnapping a child or beating up a senior citizen. George didn't see this kid do anything that required putting himself into a situation that provoked Martin into severely beating him, which resulted in self defense.

I don't think Martin deserved to die doing what he was doing. Yes I think he was a thug. Yes I believe he was well on his way to becoming an incarcerated thug. But at 17 especially, alive is better than dead. He made the choice to attack with great prejudice but Zimmerman should have never got that close or turned his back to a questionable suspect.

I don't think GZ woke up that day intending on doing any of those things that happened. But they did happen. As I said, he is not guilty ut he is not innocent either.

3fifty7 nailed it. z should have kept his ass in the vehicle. To me it was a bad shoot because none of it had to happen had Z just made the call and sat quietly watching the kid from a distance/waiting for the cops.

I'm not really clear about what you're saying.

I get the part about your first lesson, but you seem to back away 2 sentences later. If I happen upon someone beating, robbing or raping you, shouldn't I not make your argument my own? Stay in my car and maintain visual contact?

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom