Zimmerman ~ NOT Guilty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vermiform

Free Candy!
    Gold Member
    Marketplace Mod
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Shreveport - or therebouts
    How much for the Hat?

300.jpg

The late night infomercial

Man, I thought I had an original idea. The internet suxxor.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    While true. In this day and age....what's the plan?

I mean we can 'NOT' watch the MSM which effects ratings, but plenty of others will watch.

Do we promote the viewing of the best one? I mean, what's the plan?

Why do we have to watch ANY TV?

Back in the 30's and 40's a lot of stuff happened and folks carried on with life.....

Just saying, I have Free TV and I avoid the news and BS of everyday so called informative news:}

Watch a LPB or World Channel, Bounce Channel etc if it's about a specific topic I like etc.

I feel my opinions change nothing in the world around me.....

When I hear all this water cooler talk about this and that I say a little Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the thing I can (ME only) and the wisdom to know the difference!:}

Not for everyone I truly understand, I use this board and others for entertainment only.

Nothing happens by mistake in God's World IMHO

Peace B with you!

I hope U find the answers you seek:}

S.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    Why do we have to watch ANY TV?

Back in the 30's and 40's a lot of stuff happened and folks carried on with life.....

Just saying, I have Free TV and I avoid the news and BS of everyday so called informative news:}

Watch a LPB or World Channel, Bounce Channel etc if it's about a specific topic I like etc.

I feel my opinions change nothing in the world around me.....

When I hear all this water cooler talk about this and that I say a little Prayer:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the thing I can (ME only) and the wisdom to know the difference!:}

Not for everyone I truly understand, I use this board and others for entertainment only.

Nothing happens by mistake in God's World IMHO

Peace B with you!

I hope U find the answers you seek:}

S.

I hear you and that's pretty much what I practice. We have a Roku Box and subscribe to Netflix. No cable. Even without commercials we seem not still find it hard to watch an episode of anything.

But lots of folks still do. So that's my main point I guess, is how to get folks to unplug maybe.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    We went without cable for years, probably about 6 or 7 years to be exact, and only had the antenna/box. It actually wasn't that bad, especially when we had netflix but we were content with just the basics. We watched a lot of LPB, channel 2 and 9, and that was sufficient. About 3 or 4 months ago, we got cable and I can truly say that I am contemplating dropping the service and going back to the box. All of the channels that I used to like, history, national geographic, discovery, ect, have basically turned into reality tv ********. Cable tv has become the pollution of our minds and its starting to sicken me. It's time I drop the cable, get internet and go back to the box and netflix.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    WOW! Check this out.

Dude on the right Rick Ector (CCW/CPL Instructor and teaches Self-Defense at his own Academy)
    http://www.detroitccw.com
    http://detroitcpl.blogspot.com
    http://facebook.com/MichiganCCW

Dude on the left is a Mouth Piece for one of AL Sharpton's firms;

It get's nasty as SOON(Immediately) as Rick brings common sense and logic into the discussion.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0b7_1373900112

That reporter must have gotten speaking lessons from the Prosecutor. That was tough to listen to him. It always sucks for the one guy that uses common sense when he is getting attacked by three others.

Skiney

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Between the A & the T
    Save your monies for SOME SPECIAL THINGS:}

We went without cable for years, probably about 6 or 7 years to be exact, and only had the antenna/box. It actually wasn't that bad, especially when we had netflix but we were content with just the basics. We watched a lot of LPB, channel 2 and 9, and that was sufficient. About 3 or 4 months ago, we got cable and I can truly say that I am contemplating dropping the service and going back to the box. All of the channels that I used to like, history, national geographic, discovery, ect, have basically turned into reality tv ********. Cable tv has become the pollution of our minds and its starting to sicken me. It's time I drop the cable, get internet and go back to the box and netflix.

Cool, I never watched or purchased Netflix, also only have wireless air card out here in Lizard Creek, no cable to be had no home phone(I like dat me) and no DSL I'm told whatever that is?:}

So now I can spend those extra dollars on trashy women and cheap ammo.....And I do:}

4zphefeerupxoae8f845.jpg

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    WOW! Check this out.

Dude on the right Rick Ector (CCW/CPL Instructor and teaches Self-Defense at his own Academy)
    http://www.detroitccw.com
    http://detroitcpl.blogspot.com
    http://facebook.com/MichiganCCW

Dude on the left is a Mouth Piece for one of AL Sharpton's firms;

It get's nasty as SOON(Immediately) as Rick brings common sense and logic into the discussion.
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0b7_1373900112

Rick Ector is very well spoken and did a much better job of presenting his view than a lot of the people that went out on national news during the Sandy Hook nonsense.

I found that video hard to watch though, I was hoping a giant stage light would fall on the hosts of the show. He kept trying to portray neighborhood watch people patrolling with their firearms ready to shoot anyone and the lady some how thinks this case was about Zimmerman acting as a vigilante, their liberal in-sensibilities are showing.

Also I can't stand how dirty the word "neighborhood watch" has become, how can people honestly believe that they will be any different now than they have been the past 50 years.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe

I have been TV free for a few years. I think I gained one or two IQ points, but can't prove it.

jmcrawf1

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Madisonville
    Not necessarily...

DXM = street slang for dextromorphan, a common ingredient of OTC cold meds (specifically as it relates to this article, one of the primary ingredients of Robitussin DM). Tox screens do not test for DM (Dextromorphan) specifically, but it can give a false positive as PCP. However, when the lab runs the confirmation test for PCP, it will be negative and the drug/tox screen will be stated as negative for PCP. DM has a short half-life and traces of it won't remain in the system but a few days at max. Even though, his tox screen was negative, it is possible that he still had DM in his system but just not enough for it to throw a false positive as something else. Not saying the article is right, but there is some plausibility to it. :dunno:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_drank

Tboh21

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    The reality is there are some people, a few among this board, that are hoping for the "Big One"; I'm not directing this in general to every member that has predicted unrest.
    There are some people, however, that I truly believe want the riots to occur, much the same way a young child "wants" to experience a hurricane; although this want is unfortunately not reserved for children alone.
    I call it the "Red Dawn Survivalist Fantasy". It afflicts certain people, who for whatever reason, anxiously await a massive crisis, in order that they should receive the chance to live out there childhood, Cowboys & Indians, Lone Wolf dreams. It gives them the opportunity to load their 85 pound plus BOBs on their back, and pick off unruly threats to humanity from 700 yards away, all the while filtering their urine in the lowest priced ceramic water filter Amazon offers, and foraging berries they have identified with the $3 water proof nature books.
    Once again, I'm not trying to generalize a large group of members here, but I truly believe there are a handful among us, and elsewhere, that secretly "can't wait for the fun."
    This is despite the fact that such widespread "Race Riots/Race Battles" would result in hundreds of police officers, fire fighters, paramedics, and civilians hurt. As well as millions, if not more, in property damage. But hey, why should that matter, especially when it affords the opportunity for a handful of nimwhits to peal back the shrink wrap on $30 worth of cheap, made in China survival equipment and anxiously await for the threat to hit their front door. At which time, the fantasy will stop, and the reality of a raging horde of irate individuals trampling down the street will leave most of these "Bring On The End of The World" pseudo-Lone Wolfs cowering in the corner of their houses with the lights out, just hoping the crowd moves along.

BenCarp27 for POTUS.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA

Yep...

[27] Syrup also is made with over-the-counter cough syrups such as Robitussin DM, which contain dextromethorphan as the cough suppressant. Although dextromethorphan is used recreationally, it has dissociative effects as opposed to narcotic. Dextromethorphan is a synthetic morphine analog[28] that has been on the market in the United States since the 1950s.[29] It is a cough suppressant in small doses, but in large doses it can result in a disassociative state, with hallucinations, similar to that produced by PCP or ketamine.[25]

They use Robitussin DM (available OTC) when Tussinex (requires prescription - contains hydrocodone) or prometh w/ codeine is not available.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    That's a whooooooole lot of speculation. You're running with a theory posted on a blog by a guy with zero experience with drugs either as a user, law enforcement or medical. He's getting his info off of urban dictionary for god's sakes.

Here's another helpful factoid...people, especially teens, LIE ON THE INTERNET. I wouldn't put much stock into anything Trayvon said on FB.

You know what I think? I think Trayvon was stoned and wanted some friggin' Skittles and watermelon juice. Is that really that hard to believe?

It doesn't affect my opinion of the case either way, and I was happy with the verdict. I just think it's dumb declare Trayvon was on sizzurp or whatever with no evidence and really no point anyway.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009

Ha- beat me to it! He brings up some good points.

Hope this isn't a re-post....Here's another video that came out a little prior to the verdict....I disagree with this guy's opinion that it was "murder"- but he does make a few interesting points.

I would also submit that there will ALWAYS be some willing to carry on the Stupid Fest in the streets- some of which had been going on, around the country. But for the most part, he's right- especially the part about focusing on the wrong issues....

*** NSFW (language) ***

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La

Straight Up :mamoru:

Did anybody watch Anderson Cooper's interview last night with juror B37? It was pretty interesting considering she's just looking for her 15 minutes of anonymous fame and trying to harp on her upcoming book. The black legal analyst from CNN was trying to turn everyone of her comments into a racist comment, but was quickly getting shot down by the majority of the panel. Legal degree or not, that bitch was ignorant!

JNieman

Dush
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Lafayette
    That's a whooooooole lot of speculation. You're running with a theory posted on a blog by a guy with zero experience with drugs either as a user, law enforcement or medical. He's getting his info off of urban dictionary for god's sakes.
    From many of the same people crying over speculation in the media and assumptions about character/intent without basis in fact.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell

Here's another helpful factoid...people, especially teens, LIE ON THE INTERNET. I wouldn't put much stock into anything Trayvon said on FB.
    H
    You know what I think? I think Trayvon was stoned and wanted some friggin' Skittles and watermelon juice. Is that really that hard to believe?

It doesn't affect my opinion of the case either way, and I was happy with the verdict. I just think it's dumb declare Trayvon was on sizzurp or whatever with no evidence and really no point anyway.

I'd like to follow up on that guy's qualifications. How did you discover that he has no medical/LE/drug experience. I can use that as a starting point.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Donut Man
    Top Bottom