Zimmerman ~ NOT Guilty

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    No he waved his Miranda rights and never asked for a lawyer.

:doh:

I was about to say b/c THIS would have NEVER happen had he lawyered up. No way would the lawyer have let this type of questioning take place and therefore NOW this wouldn't even exist.

That was foolish. You just killed someone, you've been up all night now a Det. is lying and baiting you, interrogating you hard and you're stuck there ON TAPE answering the best you can.

No FREAKING WAY!

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    If this guy loses his job with LE for some reason, he could more than likely make it as a voice over movie guy.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    What happened? Was there new evidence introduced?

Well the Det. pretty much grilled him the following day of the shooting. The audio from that interview was played today. The Det. lied to him and attempted to bait him into answering questions. GZ did not ask for a Lawyer(dumb) therefore the Det. was sort of let loose.

It was definitely more like a strong interrogation. The Det. was saying things like "C'mon man, you know you were chasing him down right? you wanted to catch this ******* right?" "That's why you had a Flashlight, you wanted to catch this guy right? C'mon man be honest" etc etc.

GZ on the other hand kept saying no to all that. He said he was trying to get an address and a better look at him so that he could describe him to authorities better so they could identify Trayvon.

J-Dog

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Hammond
    Had a CJ teacher that was a defense lawyer his final bit of free legal advise before the final exam was. Never give concent to search and always ask for a lawyer.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...d7f3d0-e22b-11e2-8657-fdff0c195a79_story.html

commenter9871 6:21 PM CST
    Problem #1 for the Prosecution: Both the lead detective on the case and the duty night detective who conducted the first interview both said that they found Zimmerman to be highly credible. This creates an absolute mountain of reasonable doubt.

Problem #2: The District Attorney official found that there was not sufficient evidence to even charge Zimmerman, nevermind enough to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

No way around it, the prosecution has to move mountains to get past the detectives' testimonies, and I don't see how they are going to do it. With the detectives on the case and the local DA supporting Zimmerman's credibility, how on earth is the prosecution supposed to present enough other evidence to prove to the jury that he is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt????

Mission impossible after the detectives gave their opinions.

vinconco 6:22 PM CST
    And that's because this is a TEXT BOOK case of self defense.

Peacemaker

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    What about the fact that most people think the DA investigator and the police detectives didn't charge GZ because he is white and the person he shot was black? I mean after all that's what led to the arrest.. Also the police investigator didn't think GZ's wounds were that bad.. I think there are a couple issues the defense is going to have to overcome.. I don't think the judge will dismiss.. To much is on the line.. To many questions need to be answered..

swagge1

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I see people on other forums talking about other charges such as manslaughter, or assault with a deadly weapon. If this is a 2nd degree murder charge, can the jury find him not guilty of the murder charge, but instead return a guilty verdict on a lesser charge in the same trial? Im unfamiliar with Florida law and how this works. Im under the impression hes either going to be found guilty, not guilty, or mistrial for 2nd degree murder ONLY.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I see people on other forums talking about other charges such as manslaughter, or assault with a deadly weapon. If this is a 2nd degree murder charge, can the jury find him not guilty of the murder charge, but instead return a guilty verdict on a lesser charge in the same trial? Im unfamiliar with Florida law and how this works. Im under the impression hes either going to be found guilty, not guilty, or mistrial for 2nd degree murder ONLY.

Remember Casey Anthony. The state charged her 3 times for one alleged act. They included the lesser charges in the indictment. What are the actual charges in this case?

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    What about the fact that most people think the DA investigator and the police detectives didn't charge GZ because he is white and the person he shot was black? I mean after all that's what led to the arrest.. Also the police investigator didn't think GZ's wounds were that bad.. I think there are a couple issues the defense is going to have to overcome.. I don't think the judge will dismiss.. To much is on the line.. To many questions need to be answered..

Well I don't see how much relevance that can have....I mean does he look White to you? Most folks clearly recognize him as Hispanic.

Not sure either, but I know when rulings like that come down, the appeal is generally swift.

I think clearly under political pressure a PC happy Judge and ADA gave the go ahead for arrest. They shot for the moon with 2nd Degree Murder and got PLENTY of support from the media. It all seem like the plan was coming together.

Now that were in the meat and potatoes of it, and were seeing there ain’t much meat and potatoes, embarrassment and anger are about to take center stage.

All b/c he was wrongfully arrested and with the help of the Media the (people) have been led astray.

If you listen to radio talk shows where folks call in I’ve heard it all. A guy was arguing with Sean Hannity the other day that he knew ‘FOR A FACT, that GZ said *These ******s always get away* and GZ said that WHILE he was chasing Trayvon Martin down with his gun in hand. He then declared that this was all ON TAPE. I mean this guy was dead serious about knowing these FACTS. When Sean Hannity tried to counter, he wouldn’t hear it. He said he heard it himself and if that’s NOT what was presented in court, then someone is destroying evidence.

Now I know that is just ONE person on the Radio, but if you look around. LOTS of people are saying the same thing. It’s just like what happens here when we get a snap shot in time of an event, and make judgment calls on that snapshot. Except in this case, it’s much more widespread than some simple gun forum. Were talking about half the nation being lead astray by the media. That’s serious.

If(big IF) there is rioting, the MSM should be charged with inciting violence. They cleary have no concern with public safety.

Like the old saying USED to be for Media.
    *When you report the news, the viewers should not be able to tell what you personally think about it.*

Whatever happened to that?

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Store owners within a 20 mile radius of the courthouse might want to consider clearing their shelves, soon.

No reason, in particular....
    rolleye0012.gif

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    If he is only charged with 2nd degree, then its all or nothing. I agree that it seems no authorities actually wanted to try him, but are responding to public pressure and are now throwing the case. If they were serious, they would have included lesser charges.

mpl006

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Ruston
    I've been watching the live feed on Fox's website and during recesses and such they bring in people to comment on the trial and they are talking about "lesser included" charges such as manslaughter and the like that it appears the Judge can present to the jury during their instructions at the end of the trial. One person said something about the defense needed to argue against it, so it appears as though there is some discussion involved beforehand but the other person on the panel was weary of that because it may push the jury to convict of 2nd degree instead of something lesser but I would be inclined to say they would convict on a lesser charge based more on emotion than on evidence.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Good to know that a man's future hangs in the balance of whether it's more important to spare ignorant feelings than to find justice!

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Demmickb
    Top Bottom