11 New Hunting Suppressors for 2015

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    The mask 22 sounds gimmicky with using the wet/dry debate, but what happens if you want to shoot it wet? Does it drop even more db's or is it just hype?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Shooting "wet" historically mitigates first round pop and lowers overall decibel level.

Correct, but I was referring to the "Mask 22" suppressor. They claim that it's a "dry can" that is as quiet as a wet can. I'm assuming they are saying they want you to shoot it dry. Which is why I said it sounded gimmicky. Why not just advertise that it has a much lower decibel reading both dry and wet?

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Correct, but I was referring to the "Mask 22" suppressor. They claim that it's a "dry can" that is as quiet as a wet can. I'm assuming they are saying they want you to shoot it dry. Which is why I said it sounded gimmicky. Why not just advertise that it has a much lower decibel reading both dry and wet?

Ah... Sorry. Good question. I have no direct experience with them. Maybe one of our SOT's can shed some light for us.

slogoat

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 29, 2007
    Lake Charles

My guess is the statment is directed towards some of the louder 22 cans that benefit from being fired wet. Many newer 22 cans don't seem to drop levels any appreciable amount when fired wet, other than perhaps a reduction in first round pop. I watched a video where a sparrow was metered both wet and dry, and the only difference was the FRP level. Those results mirror what I've experienced first hand firing a sparrow wet. Really coudn't hear much difference.

NOShooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2014
    New Orleans
    adding water to a can really only shows how good or bad the design is.

If adding water lowers the DB level significantly, all it is really showing is that there is room to improve the baffle design and efficiency of the can.

If the difference is negligible, all it means is that the can has a highly efficient design.

Net/net in today's market.. ablative should not be something that is required for the suppressor to reach it's maximum sound reduction.

JCcypress

Gun Trust Lawyer
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    adding water to a can really only shows how good or bad the design is.

If adding water lowers the DB level significantly, all it is really showing is that there is room to improve the baffle design and efficiency of the can.

If the difference is negligible, all it means is that the can has a highly efficient design.

Net/net in today's market.. ablative should not be something that is required for the suppressor to reach it's maximum sound reduction.

Seems legit. Thanks!

Top Bottom