Free Palestine

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There has been a push to ban it for some time, likely because our own federal government, aka Israel #2, has little say in controlling the algorithm.
    However, I would like to take a look back, to the first push for a Tik Tok ban, and see just how many politicians were on board, on both sides of the aisle, and compare it to now, where the push is much stronger, from both sides of the isle.

Trump is very much in Israel's pocket, as much as the rest of them, and he also depends on public perception very much, just like the rest of them. It is in all of their interest to shut down a platform that recommends content that is against whatever they're selling (or whoever is buying them).

Regardless of the past, however, when you have prominent Jewish figures openly stating, very concerningly, "we have a Tik Tok problem", and then you get a massive, bipartisan effort to ban it, I would say that it walks like a duck.

I have no doubt you see the tiktok ban as a reaction to any pro-palestine stuff on the platform. You're biased.

When someone molds the facts to fit their opinion rather than molding their opinion to fit the facts, people see that. They recognize that person's position comes from emotion rather than logic.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Well, you speak on 1948 - let's go back a tad bit earlier. History class in is session:
    According to biblical accounts, Jerusalem, on the frontier of Benjamin and Judah and inhabited by a mixed population described as Jebusites, was captured by David, founder of the joint kingdom of Israel and Judah, and the city became the Jewish kingdom’s capital. This has been dated to about 1000 BCE. David’s successor, King Solomon, extended the city and built his Temple on the threshing floor of Araunah (Ornan) the Jebusite. Thus Jerusalem became the place of the royal palace and the sacred site of a monotheistic religion.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Well, you speak on 1948 - let's go back a tad bit earlier. History class in is session:
    According to biblical accounts, Jerusalem, on the frontier of Benjamin and Judah and inhabited by a mixed population described as Jebusites, was captured by David, founder of the joint kingdom of Israel and Judah, and the city became the Jewish kingdom’s capital. This has been dated to about 1000 BCE. David’s successor, King Solomon, extended the city and built his Temple on the threshing floor of Araunah (Ornan) the Jebusite. Thus Jerusalem became the place of the royal palace and the sacred site of a monotheistic religion.
    That's Jerusalem, not Israel, not the ancient olive orchards and treaty breaking/illegal settlements,
    that's not trade and travel restriction...it's Jerusalem.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    I have no doubt you see the tiktok ban as a reaction to any pro-palestine stuff on the platform. You're biased.

When someone molds the facts to fit their opinion rather than molding their opinion to fit the facts, people see that. They recognize that person's position comes from emotion rather than logic.

I base none of this claim off of emotion. I base it off the fact, and it is a 100% fact, that a large number of our politicians are funded by Israeli lobbies and organizations. I base it off the fact that prominent Israelis are calling for a ban on tik Tok due to anti Israel sentiment. I base it off the fact that Israel tends to get what it wants when it comes to US politics, one way or the other.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I base none of this claim off of emotion. I base it off the fact, and it is a 100% fact, that a large number of our politicians are funded by Israeli lobbies and organizations.

Ok.

I base it off the fact that prominent Israelis are calling for a ban on tik Tok due to anti Israel sentiment.

Many groups call for the ban of many platforms due to many issues. I don't doubt that prominent Israelis are calling for a ban on tiktok due to anti Israel sentiment.

I base it off the fact that Israel tends to get what it wants when it comes to US politics, one way or the other.

This has not been established as fact. This is an opinion. Even if it weren't an opinion, it would still not establish a connection between the wishes of some Israelis and the ban. Again, correlation does not equal causation.

When I brought up Trump's executive order that was signed 3 years before the hashtags, you explained Trump is very much in Israel's pocket, implying that Israel was the cause of that executive order. Trump openly opposes the current ban. If he's in Israel's pocket and may be the next president, he's advocating not giving Israel what they want. That doesn't sound like someone in Israel's pocket.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Ok.

Many groups call for the ban of many platforms due to many issues. I don't doubt that prominent Israelis are calling for a ban on tiktok due to anti Israel sentiment.

This has not been established as fact. This is an opinion. Even if it weren't an opinion, it would still not establish a connection between the wishes of some Israelis and the ban. Again, correlation does not equal causation.

When I brought up Trump's executive order that was signed 3 years before the hashtags, you explained Trump is very much in Israel's pocket, implying that Israel was the cause of that executive order. Trump openly opposes the current ban. If he's in Israel's pocket and may be the next president, he's advocating not giving Israel what they want. That doesn't sound like someone in Israel's pocket.
    Fair enough. Let's see how it plays out.
    d9aeac0b5e62394f87bd249f0eccec90.jpg

Kuhndog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Prairieville, La
    I hope israel wipes gaza off the map and erases it from history

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's China's fault that so many people are against Israel and their actions... We must ban it.

Even though I've used the term "ban" before, the law does not call for the banning of tiktok. The company with ties to China is required to sell its interest in the company. They have about 9 months to do it. The penalty for noncompliance is having tiktok banned.

The video you posted is not why they want tiktok banned. It's a byproduct of the problem, China's influence through the platform. It would be similar to your toes being numb because your leg is broken. You don't go to the doctor because your toes are numb, you go to take care of the broken leg. In taking care of the actual problem, all of the little problems and symptoms are also taken care of.

So, again, this is not a new attempt to fix the actual problem. The great seer Trump tried it well before this one. The problem hasn't changed even if the symptoms may be different.

tl;dr: the facts won't change your opinion.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Coming to a location near you

Closer to home then you think

Demands are made lol

Sojic-Borne said the group would pressure the jail to release the arrested protesters and demand that Tulane divests from Israel.

Last edited:

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    These pro plaestine protesters should go volunteer to fight Isreal and really make a difference.
    The majority of them wouldn’t even be accepted by the Palestinians and would be stoned in the street because of the thoughts, beliefs, and Stance on the lgbqt+_%*, let alone a woman with free speech.. she will only speak her mind once lol

Last edited:
    Top Bottom