2 stolen pistols- new roads area

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Had 2 postols stolen last night. An older ruger p89, purplish age tint to the slide- all factory. Also a older Taurus 85 2.5" barrel, rust specs on frame and newer model Taurus grips installed.
    Thieves hit several houses in the neighborhood and got purses and such. Didn't take anything else that I can tell, left my brand new ranger with the key in it and some rather valuable saws that were in the open.

pyreaux

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    BRLA
    Just hitting unlocked vehicles or breaking in?

Also, that sucks, make sure they get reported properly get a ncic report printout from the agency you report it to if you can.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    Hitting unlocked vehicles. They did Dana swabs and everything.
    I hate that 2 guns got into the wrong hands but thankful that is all that was taken. I will take it as a wake up call that a decent neighborhood and home security system isn't enough.
    Now, if I could get my hands on the thief.......

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Hitting unlocked vehicles. They did Dana swabs and everything.
    I hate that 2 guns got into the wrong hands but thankful that is all that was taken. I will take it as a wake up call that a decent neighborhood and home security system isn't enough.
    Now, if I could get my hands on the thief.......

And everyone ALWAYS saying "Don't leave weapons in your vehicle"... that didn't mean anything? Take some responsibility for your irresponsibility. Those guns wouldn't be on the street if you had adhered the warnings that are literally CONSTANTLY brought up when discussing weapons in your vehicle.

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    And everyone ALWAYS saying "Don't leave weapons in your vehicle"... that didn't mean anything? Take some responsibility for your irresponsibility. Those guns wouldn't be on the street if you had adhered the warnings that are literally CONSTANTLY brought up when discussing weapons in your vehicle.

Those guns wouldn't be on the street if punk thugs weren't stealing them. Let's put the responsibility on the perpetrators and not the victims.

You have no idea what the circumstance was for leaving the guns in the vehicle, yet you automatically blame the victim.

Last edited:

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I am at fault. For being an honest citizen and nothing else.
    My shop was also unlocked. Would it be my fault if they stole my scaffold and fell off and hurt them self?
    They did miss the pistol in my car even though they rifled thru it, and the 2 long guns behind the rear truck seat.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Car break-ins are at an all time high in the country. Shreveport is putting out PSA's because of the epidemic there. :eek3:

Come on folks! I know that people make mistakes, or are lazy, or were only leaving the car there for a few hours; but geez! These are crimes of convenience. If these dirtbags weren't constantly rewarded with guns, jewelry, laptops, I-pads, expensive Costa sunglasses, when they hit neighborhoods, they would realize that it is not worth their time or risk, and wouldn't keep coming back!

Would you hunt deer in the CBD? Same principle!

I don't want to point a finger at the OP, but at people in general! Today's reality dictates that you leave nothing valuable in your cars, and you lock the doors! We don't live in Candyland!

3fifty7

CoonAss
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Bunkie
    We really need a green font to indicate sarcasm.

Really sucks for the OP, but you gotta take any steps you can to protect what's yours.

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Last edited:

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    Those guns wouldn't be on the street if punk thugs weren't stealing them. Let's put the responsibility on the perpetrators and not the victims.

You have no idea what the circumstance was for leaving the guns in the vehicle, yet you automatically blame the victim.

I don't take blame from the criminals... of course they are to blame... but how many times do we all have to stress not to do something and then have to feel bad for someone when they do it anyway with adverse results??? There comes a time when you HAVE to share the blame for something like this. It's not like it hasn't been said OVER AND OVER again... and then repeated... and then mentioned yet again! There are NO circumstances for leaving the weapon in the vehicle... you choose to carry, you choose to accept the responsibility for doing so in EVERY instance... you can't just pick and choose. Before you say something to me like "What about if I'm dropping my kids off at school and I have to go in?" Then you take the responsibility of buying something to facilitate you leaving the weapon in the vehicle so it can be properly SECURED.

Let's not overlook that it was an UNLOCKED vehicle... so not only was the weapon unsecured in a vehicle... but the VEHICLE wasn't even secured.

Of course it goes to be said that if the criminals weren't stealing in the first place, it wouldn't be an issue... but then would you need certain weapons if we had no crime at all? I'm sorry, but there's no excuse. Don't try to spin it like I put all the blame on the "victim"... but lets not overlook the oversight.

- - - Updated - - -

Car break-ins are at an all time high in the country. Shreveport is putting out PSA's because of the epidemic there. :eek3:

Come on folks! I know that people make mistakes, or are lazy, or were only leaving the car there for a few hours; but geez! These are crimes of convenience. If these dirtbags weren't constantly rewarded with guns, jewelry, laptops, I-pads, expensive Costa sunglasses, when they hit neighborhoods, they would realize that it is not worth their time or risk, and wouldn't keep coming back!

Would you hunt deer in the CBD? Same principle!

I don't want to point a finger at the OP, but at people in general! Today's reality dictates that you leave nothing valuable in your cars, and you lock the doors! We don't live in Candyland!

THIS!

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

You are right! All valid points! But, you don't voluntarily walk down Plank Road through Scotlandville at 3:00am if you are white no matter what the reason is. Sure, its your Right to; but would you? So why are people still leaving valuables in their cars, particularly guns?

Look, if the scumbags crowbar your trunk, or your trucks tool box open and get your ****, then that is a reasonable effort to protect your stuff. Leaving **** inside the vehicle, and possibly unlocked on top; is crazy!

kingfhb

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    You are right! All valid points! But, you don't voluntarily walk down Plank Road through Scotlandville at 3:00am if you are white no matter what the reason is. Sure, its your Right to; but would you? So why are people still leaving valuables in their cars, particularly guns?

Look, if the scumbags crowbar your trunk, or your trucks tool box open and get your ****, then that is a reasonable effort to protect your stuff. Leaving **** inside the vehicle, and possibly unlocked on top; is crazy!

Again... THIS TOO!! :rofl:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Had 2 postols stolen last night. An older ruger p89, purplish age tint to the slide- all factory. Also a older Taurus 85 2.5" barrel, rust specs on frame and newer model Taurus grips installed.
    Thieves hit several houses in the neighborhood and got purses and such. Didn't take anything else that I can tell, left my brand new ranger with the key in it and some rather valuable saws that were in the open.

Well that blow's a big one man, Hope you get your goods back!!!

As big of an Ol' boy that you are no doubt you could break their necks with one hand if you catch em'

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Ed it aint your fault but dude lock your doors.

No one deserves to have there stuff stolen but you shouldnt make it that easy for them either. If it aint in plain site and its behind a locked door you have done plenty in most cases. Truth be told usually the punks who do this sort of thing couldnt break a window with a baseball bat.

WOLFIE

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Bossier City
    Ed it aint your fault but dude lock your doors.

No one deserves to have there stuff stolen but you shouldnt make it that easy for them either. If it aint in plain site and its behind a locked door you have done plenty in most cases. Truth be told usually the punks who do this sort of thing couldnt break a window with a baseball bat.

They usually throw a rock or a brick. Sometimes scouts (often teenagers on bicycles) will look in vehicle windows and report back to the thieves (teenagers or adults). This is common in parking lots at places such as hospitals. Yes, they are willing to break windows of vehicles in parking lots were people work even though an employee may go to their vehicle for something.

You have a good point. Don't leave something in plain sight. I know of many people -smart people- who leave a handgun underneath the seat. If you want to test the ability of your gun to resist rust, leave it in a vehicle.

Last edited:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    They usually throw a rock or a brick. Sometimes scouts (often teenagers on bicycles) will look in vehicle windows and report back to the thieves (teenagers or adults). This is common in parking lots at places such as hospitals. Yes, they are willing to break windows of vehicles in parking lots were people work even though an employee may go to their vehicle for something.

You have a good point. Don't leave something in plain sight. I know of many people -smart people- who leave a handgun underneath the seat. If you want to test the ability of your gun to resist rust, leave it in a vehicle.

At least once a year wr get kids shaking hands with car doors where I live. Its usually kids and they are just lazy punks wont even break a window, but I wont risk laying my stuff on the seats for them to see either.

edman87k5

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 22, 2007
    Ventress, LA
    I had my jeep broken into several years ago, they were in process of stealing the top. If a thief wants it, they will get it. I would be more pissed about a broken window than anything!

Saintsfan6

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 6, 2014
    Texas
    Wow, do you keep any guns inside your house?

It wouldn't matter if they were in his home. Apparently you have to keep your firearms past a secret bookshelf that hides the entrance to your bombproof safe room behind three bank-like vault doors in order for them to be "secure". I mean if you, a child, a family member etc forgot to lock a door/window to your home and you don't have a safe to keep your firearms in, then if someone "breaks in" by coming through said open door/window YOU are partially responsible because you didn't take proper measures to secure your firearms.

If you got sucker punched/jumped and KOed and someone stole money off of you that ended up being used to purchase an illegal firearm so they can rob/kill people, it would be your fault too I guess.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    It wouldn't matter if they were in his home. Apparently you have to keep your firearms past a secret bookshelf that hides the entrance to your bombproof safe room behind three bank-like vault doors in order for them to be "secure". I mean if you, a child, a family member etc forgot to lock a door/window to your home and you don't have a safe to keep your firearms in, then if someone "breaks in" by coming through said open door/window YOU are partially responsible because you didn't take proper measures to secure your firearms.

If you got sucker punched/jumped and KOed and someone stole money off of you that ended up being used to purchase an illegal firearm so they can rob/kill people, it would be your fault too I guess.

We really need a sarcasm button or font or something. Just in case anyone had amy doubts. :D

Top Bottom