Bass Pro Not Shipping Ammunition or Firearm Parts to New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PPBart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Denham Springs, LA
    So you advocate surrendering the rights of individuals in geographical areas that you don't like?...

What "rights" are you referring to? Bass Pros right to control sales? NOLA residents right to buy firearms (BP certainly isn't the only vendor in the area)?

Last edited:

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    So far I found this: State preemption did allow for laws/ordinances in effect before 7/15/85 to be grandfathered.

So, Now I need to determine the date of the ordinance, and then figure out if it violates the State Preemption.

At least I know I wasn't imagining the State Preemption.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Simple solution - Don't live in New Orleans or any of those states listed. I'm surprised NY and Chicago aren't on that list.

So you advocate surrendering the rights of individuals in geographical areas that you don't like?

What Rights do New Orleanians have to the products at Bass Pro Shops?

So before you commented (with attitude and condescension I might add) below, Austin mentions that if people don't like BPS policy on shipping then SINCE THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS TO BPS PRODUCTS YET IF THEY LOVE THEIR PRODUCTS SOOO MUCH perhaps they just move to a different area. You then ask him why he is advocating that people surrender their RIGHTS...I point out (in the form of a question to you) what Austin alluded to which is NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BPS PRODUCTS because you seemed confused about that. Then you respond below which is a complete 180 from what you said above. Congrats.

Bass Pro Shops have the right to deal, or not, with whomever they wish. I have the right to yell, scream and boycott them.

Now that we've settled that, do you have anything meaningful to contribute to this conversation?

I agree, the only RIGHT you have in this matter is to choose whom you will do business with, and boycott/petition the ones you don't like....which was my exact point earlier.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I agree, the only RIGHT you have in this matter is to choose whom you will do business with, and boycott/petition the ones you don't like....which was my exact point earlier.

+1

This thread has gone from "Why is NOLA excluded?" to "I'm gonna do what I want!"

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    +1

This thread has gone from "Why is NOLA excluded?" to "I'm gonna do what I want!"

Yep! Unless someone gets a definitive official response from BP, there are a bazillion (slight exaggeration), other businesses around the country that sell what they sell.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Lies!

I know some fat rednecks that will tell you that's a lie! Where else are you gonna buy $5 Bass Pro t-shirts and fudge!?!?! :rofl:

iu

+
    iu
    =
    Homemade "Ass Bro" t-shirt
    &
    Redneck Fudge
    iu

Problem Solved!

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    This was the response I got, not a really useful answer.

"Thank you for contacting*basspro.com.* Your business is truly appreciated.* We show that the sale of the AR-15 Upper Receiver Group is restricted to New Orleans.* Unfortunately, I do not have further information as to exactly why this item is restricted.* Often there is further documentation or information required before we can send an item and this is not something we can get when ordering the item online or by the phone.* I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Best regards,

Lynette

Bass Pro Shops

2500 E Kearney

Springfield, MO 65898

1-800-BASS-PRO"

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Lies!

I know some fat rednecks that will tell you that's a lie! Where else are you gonna buy $5 Bass Pro t-shirts and fudge!?!?! :rofl:

I agree bass pro is mostly a novelty and people who dont have one close by are typically the ones going. Its usually because their prices arn't all that competative and the charm of all the decor has worn off. In the years to come you will see them shift there business model to stay in business or they will begin to struggle. Occasionally you find a good deal but until I bought my dmps a few weeks back every gun I priced on Bass Pro's site have been 10-20% higher than average local prices. I wont even compare to online gun shops.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    So before you commented (with attitude and condescension I might add) below, Austin mentions that if people don't like BPS policy on shipping then SINCE THEY HAVE NO RIGHTS TO BPS PRODUCTS YET IF THEY LOVE THEIR PRODUCTS SOOO MUCH perhaps they just move to a different area. You then ask him why he is advocating that people surrender their RIGHTS...I point out (in the form of a question to you) what Austin alluded to which is NO ONE HAS THE RIGHT TO BPS PRODUCTS because you seemed confused about that. Then you respond below which is a complete 180 from what you said above. Congrats.

I think y'all took my lighthearted comment a little too seriously. I will rephrase:

1) I have been to New Orleans. If BP not shipping to you is your biggest concern in life, you should probably turn the local news on.
    2) If you don't like BP not shipping to you - shop elsewhere. You can throw a rock and hit a retailer who has better prices.
    3) If you are that eager on buying from BP, move somewhere else.

I just think that making a big deal out of them not shipping certain products to NOLA is a waste of time. They likely won't change their mind based on a minority who want to buy those products, and frankly there are so many better places to buy said products that it is a waste of time for people to even raise the issue.

I love BP for one thing - browsing products in person before I buy them online. It sure is great at that!

jdessell

Womb-Raider
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    NOLA
    I think y'all took my lighthearted comment a little too seriously. I will rephrase:

1) I have been to New Orleans. If BP not shipping to you is your biggest concern in life, you should probably turn the local news on.
    2) If you don't like BP not shipping to you - shop elsewhere. You can throw a rock and hit a retailer who has better prices.
    3) If you are that eager on buying from BP, move somewhere else.

I just think that making a big deal out of them not shipping certain products to NOLA is a waste of time. They likely won't change their mind based on a minority who want to buy those products, and frankly there are so many better places to buy said products that it is a waste of time for people to even raise the issue.

I love BP for one thing - browsing products in person before I buy them online. It sure is great at that!

Agreed. Bass Pro Shop refusing to ship ammo to Nola is kinda like Rosie O'Donnell saying she wouldn't have sex with me.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Lawd just left there and their prices in ammo was outrageous. Couldn't imagine how much it would cost with shipping. Thank you Nola for saving us from super expensive ammo.

Top Bottom