Bass Pro Not Shipping Ammunition or Firearm Parts to New Orleans

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Simple solution - Don't live in New Orleans or any of those states listed. I'm surprised NY and Chicago aren't on that list.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Simple solution - Don't live in New Orleans or any of those states listed. I'm surprised NY and Chicago aren't on that list.

So you advocate surrendering the rights of individuals in geographical areas that you don't like?

Life is not that simple. I've invested everything into my home in New Orleans. My family live within walking distance, and my neighbors are fantastic people.

You give a very simplistic response to a more complex problem.

What I WILL do. I will look further into this ordinance. I will try to determine if it conflicts with the State Constitution. I will contact my representatives to try to get this ordinance removed from the books.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    So you advocate surrendering the rights of individuals in geographical areas that you don't like?

Life is not that simple. I've invested everything into my home in New Orleans. My family live within walking distance, and my neighbors are fantastic people.

What I WILL do. I will look further into this ordinance. I will try to determine if it conflicts with the State Constitution. I will contact my representatives to try to get this ordinance removed from the books.

Surrendering rights is the last thing you need to worry about in the filth of New Orleans.

When is the last time you physically went to Bass Pro? When is the last time you ordered from Bass Pro?

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Surrendering rights is the last thing you need to worry about in the filth of New Orleans.

When is the last time you physically went to Bass Pro? When is the last time you ordered from Bass Pro?

Last summer I purchased a couple hundred dollars worth of ammunition from BP. They had .22 magnum in stock.

I don't live in filth. My house, property and neighborhood are all quite clean. Now my ballistic laboratory, . . . , well that's another story.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    I'm more puzzled about Georgia, frankly.....:dunno:

Don't be shocked if NOLA and it's leftist politicians eventually adopt a Chicago-style policy- IF they can find the legal means to do it. Don't think for one second the "blame someone else" idiot voting base wouldn't favor it, either.

Feel free to disagree, but just look at that mess....:zombie:

Last edited:

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    "...then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew..." I think we will see more and more of his kind of thing. If the libs can't get what they want (gun control, etc) passed through our system of laws, they are more than happy to regulate behaviors out of existence or making them so expensive you can't do them anyway. Bass Pro is likely just a symptom of that and not the cause.

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Last summer I purchased a couple hundred dollars worth of ammunition from BP. They had .22 magnum in stock.

Then I would hope you drop your assumptions and await Bass Pro Shops' response to your inquiry (if you submitted one).

I don't live in filth. My house, property and neighborhood are all quite clean. Now my ballistic laboratory, . . . , well that's another story.

Again, you assumed something without reading the context. I said "in the filth of New Orleans," not "all of New Orleans is filthy." You may not live in filth, but a large percentage of your city is, and by filth I don't mean garbage.

The original topic presented, is why Bass Pro would not ship to New Orleans. It appears as if that is a question only they can answer.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Good for you and the people around you. If more people and neighborhoods would have stood fast 30-40 even 50 years ago the city would still be a jewel of the South. Unfortunately not enough people did. I will say compared to Jackson, MS (my original home town) New Orleans has fought and beat back the un-savory element far more valiantly. Hold on to your neighborhood as long as you can.

There are still nice places to go I was in City park on Saturday and we had a great time. By the way is that place gun friendly? I never saw a sign to the contrary but sometime I perfer to plead ignorance.

sliguns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    louisiana
    Makes perfect sense to me. Once all the monuments that cause all the crime are removed there will be no need for guns and ammo in the chocolate city. Unlock your doors and walk the streets at night without fear of being assaulted. It's going to be awesome.

Exactly!

What Rights do New Orleanians have to the products at Bass Pro Shops?

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    There are still nice places to go I was in City park on Saturday and we had a great time. By the way is that place gun friendly? I never saw a sign to the contrary but sometime I perfer to plead ignorance.

I've never seen a sign in all the times I've gone, and I never enter the park unless I'm carrying.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I am going to throw out a guess that this is related in some way, shape, or form to the moron Marc Morial's lawsuit against gun dealers/manufacturer's back in the late 90's, early 2000's.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Then I would hope you drop your assumptions and await Bass Pro Shops' response to your inquiry (if you submitted one).

Again, you assumed something without reading the context. I said "in the filth of New Orleans," not "all of New Orleans is filthy." You may not live in filth, but a large percentage of your city is, and by filth I don't mean garbage.

The original topic presented, is why Bass Pro would not ship to New Orleans. It appears as if that is a question only they can answer.
    OK. I'm clueless. If not garbage, what are you referring to as 'filth'. Please, elaborate.

"...then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew..." I think we will see more and more of his kind of thing. If the libs can't get what they want (gun control, etc) passed through our system of laws, they are more than happy to regulate behaviors out of existence or making them so expensive you can't do them anyway. Bass Pro is likely just a symptom of that and not the cause.
    Exactly.

I'm more puzzled about Georgia, frankly.....:dunno:

Don't be shocked if NOLA and it's leftist politicians eventually adopt a Chicago-style policy- IF they can find the legal means to do it. Don't think for one second the "blame someone else" idiot voting base wouldn't favor it, either.

Feel free to disagree, but just look at that mess....:zombie:
    If I'm not mistaken, the Louisiana State Constitution has a clause that states that no municipality may pass any laws, after a certain date, that restrict our 2nd Amend rights in any way. If I'm correct, they'll need to amend the State Constitution to make NOLA Chicago-like.

I'm also hoping, having done no research, that the ordinance posted was enacted after the date specified in the State Constitution.
    I had to work all day, and plan on watching the Saints beat the Lions tonight.
    Hopefully I'll have a little time tomorrow to do some research.
    Exactly!

What Rights do New Orleanians have to the products at Bass Pro Shops?

Bass Pro Shops have the right to deal, or not, with whomever they wish. I have the right to yell, scream and boycott them.

Now that we've settled that, do you have anything meaningful to contribute to this conversation?

I am going to throw out a guess that this is related in some way, shape, or form to the moron Marc Morial's lawsuit against gun dealers/manufacturer's back in the late 90's, early 2000's.
    I'm hoping that you are correct, and that the date of the ordinance is after the State Constitution cutoff date. If it is, I'll ask the NRA to sue on my behalf. Failing that, I'll retain an attorney to investigate the possibility of a private suit.

Or, . . . I could be entirely wrong. It has happened before. Go figure.

kengel2

Rabble Rabble
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bedico
    FWIW, I still havent gotten anything but a generic we received your email type deal. I dont really care, I dont live there, just kind of wondering whats up.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom