money troubles selling Romanian AK

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 01coltcolt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2016
    Bossier City
    LMAO, This thread was SAVAGE!

BTW I bought 5 Century WASR 10s in 2006 at one time $275 each. They are pretty crude weapons, but they work. Buy a Arsenal Arms, for $1k and forget about it.

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    LMAO, This thread was SAVAGE!

BTW I bought 5 Century WASR 10s in 2006 at one time $275 each. They are pretty crude weapons, but they work. Buy a Arsenal Arms, for $1k and forget about it.

Yeah, that was some funny **** there. I cannot imagine what went on when anybody could post/comment in the classified sections on anybody's thread.....must have been like open season on OPs. I bet it was nothing nice and kept the mods super busy!

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    Yeah, that was some funny **** there. I cannot imagine what went on when anybody could post/comment in the classified sections on anybody's thread.....must have been like open season on OPs. I bet it was nothing nice and kept the mods super busy!
    It was awesome and self modded because its hard to ******** someone on a 2 way conversation.Only the weak sensitive complainers were the ones who got it changed to its current way of running.

Saw

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    New Orleans
    It was awesome and self modded because its hard to ******** someone on a 2 way conversation.Only the weak sensitive complainers were the ones who got it changed to its current way of running.

Boom. It was just hard to keep the discussion within the white lines when someone asked $1000 for "hard to find" SKS. It was self regulating though.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    It was not the discussion that got it stopped because no one really got out of hand.Im telling you it was a few people (One was a mod) who could not handle regular swap meet/flea market selling pressure.Instead they like closed/sealed bids with no objections to the above retail prices they wanted to get.But its all for the good because before the change it was like I lived on BS every day.LOL.

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    It was not the discussion that got it stopped because no one really got out of hand.Im telling you it was a few people (One was a mod) who could not handle regular swap meet/flea market selling pressure.Instead they like closed/sealed bids with no objections to the above retail prices they wanted to get.But its all for the good because before the change it was like I lived on BS every day.LOL.

The problem was while people were losing their minds derping out in one thread, all the other people were getting their ads pushed down the page.

I think it was great that people were getting roasted for high prices and poorly written ads. All the people that followed the rules and got their ads right got their ads pushed down the page.

The system still works fine. If the new management wants to change it back to your preferred derp circus, by all means, please do so. The amount of overpriced guns for sale and trade on here is absurd. If they really wanted to make it interesting, they could make a separate thread for people to post links of ads and keep the silliness in one place.

More importantly, you're still building ak's? I heard you were best around here.

JR1572

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I still regret missing out on the build parties at Bambam's!

I really do miss the old ways! While a bit more chaotic it certainly made this place more fun!

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    The problem was while people were losing their minds derping out in one thread, all the other people were getting their ads pushed down the page.
    I do not recall there being a one bump per day rule back then.Could have bumped it.
    I think it was great that people were getting roasted for high prices and poorly written ads. All the people that followed the rules and got their ads right got their ads pushed down the page.
    If the add was right it would sell fast.
    The system still works fine. If the new management wants to change it back to your preferred derp circus, by all means, please do so. The amount of overpriced guns for sale and trade on here is absurd. If they really wanted to make it interesting, they could make a separate thread for people to post links of ads and keep the silliness in one place.
    No need to bring it back besides I do not think it could ever come back to what it was.
    More importantly, you're still building ak's? I heard you were best around here.

JR1572
    Me the best?No there were builders there then whose rivets I was not worthy to bear.

Brawny

lol
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 3, 2015
    Anderson, SC
    Kinda thinking about an AK47 for Christmas, Anyone know where I can buy a cheap one?

I hear gunbroker has some good deals

4csmjbjx36ms4d5.gif

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    I was told to play nice by mods with some of my responses to these trolls pooping in my WTS threads and the troll threads would be purged from my ad. It was not always self regulated, mods kept a lid on the WTF trolls poop if necessary. Some people could not mind their own business.

#1bambam

Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Oct 14, 2007
    The Nasty New Orleans.
    I was told to play nice by mods with some of my responses to these trolls pooping in my WTS threads and the troll threads would be purged from my ad. It was not always self regulated, mods kept a lid on the WTF trolls poop if necessary. Some people could not mind their own business.

LOL.Well it sounds like you may be one of the butt hurt ones who got it changed.

BigP623

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 27, 2014
    Lacombe, LA

Funny how that seems to happen these days, the smallest group (complainers) get to dictate what the masses get forced to do....

I say we go back to the old way. The reason gun prices are like they are is no one is calling out the BS and the next guy thinks he can get 1k if that guy got 850 and so on. Time to put a cap on gun inflation!! LOL

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    Funny how that seems to happen these days, the smallest group (complainers) get to dictate what the masses get forced to do....

I say we go back to the old way. The reason gun prices are like they are is no one is calling out the BS and the next guy thinks he can get 1k if that guy got 850 and so on. Time to put a cap on gun inflation!! LOL

With the internet today and google, shame on anyone who feels they got ripped, or paid too much. I can look up current market value on any firearm in 5 minutes research, other than a custom firearm, or some old oddball. Gunbroker, gunsamerica, Bud's...no excuse for not doing your homework before hand. There has never been a better time for reference research in our world, never.

I've received a few low ball PMs concerning my classified listings here with simply dumb analogies or explanations. Not many but a few. I like the BS classifieds just like it is, just my opinion. Its clean, drama free, and regulated. If you fail to do your research before hand, its on you.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom