Reynersons coming back?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Anyone have any news on the shop? I drove by there several weeks ago and a sign on the door said they were working on the floor and would probably be open by the next week. I checked their web site today and it's offline (not good). FB hasn't been updated. They have voicemail on the shop phone now (it was previously just ringing to death), but still no answer.

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    Website is gone and I can't get anyone on phone for 2 days now.

I went by today. They have a gun of mine so I'm concerned too.
    There is no sign saying open for gunsmithing only.
    There is a sign saying closed due to flooding, and another sign saying accepting packages, knock on door or call 261-4252 for attendant.
    There was a truck parked out front, lights on, and noises inside.
    Noone came to the door or answered the store phone or the number on the door.
    I have been calling for months. Once I got someone who said they were starting sheetrock but that was months ago.
    Really looks bad.
    No answering machine or phone call for the guns they had in for repair (they take a number) or posts on forums like this or anything.
    I hope somebody on here knows them personally and can let them know it's kind of important to at least look like you aren't skipping town.

Von

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I went by today. They have a gun of mine so I'm concerned too.
    I hope somebody on here knows them personally and can let them know it's kind of important to at least look like you aren't skipping town.

I don't think they would be "skipping town". They have always been a fantastic shop to deal with, good people, IMO and I bet they all live around Central and got personally slammed by the floods, too. They probably have a lot of individual flood recovery going on as well as shop recovery. I'm not sure how high the water went, in there, so not sure if you'll ever see your gun, but I would think their insurance should cover customer guns lost in the flood.

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    This is the Browing authorized repair shop.
    You got flooded, hard times, maybe personal problems too - got it.
    Maybe no flood insurance - got it.
    How hard is it to put a sign on the door, a Facebook post, a $20 answering machine, and a Bayou Shooter post updating people periodically about the status of the store and our guns??? 15 minutes per month??
    When everything goes dark, people who didn't fall off the turnip truck last night start to worry because we've seen it before - including VERY reputable shops/gunsmiths.
    They may or may not even have insurance since it was a flood.
    They may have had hundreds of guns.....are they trying to keep all of them from developing rust?? Why not just give them back with apologies due to the circumstances and let the customer do it/pay someone to else to do it? Why let it get worse?
    The point is communication and I'm not talking about paying someone to answer the phone. We have LOTS of communication these days including just a sign on the door.
    Again, hopefully someone can reach them and point this out.
    Von

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    PS: I went to the doctor today in Zachary, and ate at a restaurant, and passed hundreds of businesses that have long recovered from the flood.

I also passed a bunch of closed businesses who obviously have given up.

If everybody was still closed it would be understandable. They aren't.

Yes a gun inventory is problematic, but unlike the others which were ruined on the spot, a gun can be salvaged if it doesn't go too long underwater/humidity.

If my rifle is a rusty hulk, and no insurance, so be it. But talk to me about it. You gonna fix it? You can't and gotta give it back? Don't hide.
    I know some customers will be irate over an act of God. That's life. I won't. Call me. Please.

Von

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Yea they could at least say something on their Facebook page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    Thanks for the pic. I guess that answers the question about the condition of my gun. I just wish they would have called everyone as soon as the water went down to come get their gun. Heck I would have brought supplies with me if they needed them.

BarneyFife

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    North of BR
    I agree. Perhaps they lost some, or all of the contact info in the flood as well. Or it was unreadable. I know when they did work for me, they just wrote my info down in a tablet. I doubt paper would survive. I think that could be a likely scenario, but certainly wouldn't prevent them from at least posting a sign on the door, leaving info on the answering machine, or a Facebook message.......or anything like that to prevent people from just hanging........Good luck with it. I don't have a gun with them luckily, I just need a gun fixed. If I learn anything new, I'll be sure to post it.

Last edited:

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    Please do. I'm in MS so it's hard to check regularly. I still can't understand not having a sign on the door or on an answering machine that if you had a gun for repair, call this number, leave a message, and we'll make an appointment for you to pick it up.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    I don't have Facebook if anyone could look. Just looked at the company site.

I looked. He makes regular post but nothing about the shop in the past few months. Didn't look further back than December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nexus2024
    Top Bottom