Reynersons coming back?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    No, nothing good at all.
    I had several people call or PM me and explain his situation and offer to try to contact him and get my gun and clear his name.
    So far none of them have called back. I suspect that his reponse to them wasn't what they expected to hear.
    Or he may be working out of the country and they haven't reached him yet.
    But none of them have notified me that, for example, he'll be back in 2 weeks and they'll let me know.
    I'm afraid the problem seems to be Mr. Reynerson turned an ethical corner some time back when he decided to get out of the gunsmith business, but to hedge his bets (or for the future owner of the company) he kept taking in jobs even though he had moved on (apparently overseas).
    The Yelp reviews I saw mirrored my experience in spite of the fact that lots of people vouch for him. Apparently something changed.
    The guns were supposedly taken care of for him when the flood happened, but those of us that didn't beat down his door (trying to be considerate and patient with the flood victims) have gotten screwed.
    I assume that Mr. Reynerson thinks one of two things: either by waiting we abandonned the property, or he is entitled to the guns based on labor he performed and hadn't gotten paid for at the time of the flood.
    Again I don't see it that way. Especially with firearms.
    I'm still hoping one of the friends will have some luck, but it's a little less hope each day.
    Von

lsufan1971

Rating - 100%
    121   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    Zachary,La
    According to his FB page he wass living it up in Lake Tahoe last month. He was at Grand Isle for Mardi Gras so he is in LA it seems. Looks like he has ventured into the knife business as well.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    According to his FB page he wass living it up in Lake Tahoe last month. He was at Grand Isle for Mardi Gras so he is in LA it seems. Looks like he has ventured into the knife business as well.

I saw some of his FB stuff looks like he's having fun

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Friend of mine at work knew of this and said he got a phone call to pick up his weapons.

Another said he THOUGHT they were done and that he, too, received a call and that at that time he was oiling weapons daily.

Yet another friend was taught by the current owner's mother so...

I think people need to get to the bottom of this. If the weapons were destroyed you need to be reimbursed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

usmc-nav

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Why don't you just go by his home and ask in a civil manner the status of your property. Don't behave in an unlawful manner, just ask. All this guessing and assuming may be easily answered by asking.

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    There were lights on and a pickup when I was there. In spite of the sign asking delivery men to knock or call, the individual would not come to the door or answer the phone.

I would never go to someone's home (unless that IS the business location). I believe under LA law if things go badly it's on you. The business is where I left the gun and that's where I want to pick it up.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I passed back by about 3:30 the same truck was there along with two other. One had a trailer on it backed up to the door.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Spoke with a previous employee today who talked to Reynerson last week. He verified that he's not going to reopen and would like to get people their guns back, but it sounds like you have to go over there and hope that they are in the shop at the time.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Post to his facebook page and ask when your firearm is going to be returned. Everybody that has a firearm with him needs to post on his page and maybe something will be done. Call him out in public.
    I lost 2 firearms to a business in Denham Springs due to the flood and I haven't heard hide nor hair about it from them since and they have disappeared. These were 2 brand new firearms that had been shipped to them and I wasn't able to pick up.
    One was a Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine 357 rifle that Henry firearms graciously replaced for me with a brand new rifle for free from their Wisconsin plant. The other was a S&W Shield .40 pistol.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Post to his facebook page and ask when your firearm is going to be returned. Everybody that has a firearm with him needs to post on his page and maybe something will be done. Call him out in public.
    I lost 2 firearms to a business in Denham Springs due to the flood and I haven't heard hide nor hair about it from them since and they have disappeared. These were 2 brand new firearms that had been shipped to them and I wasn't able to pick up.
    One was a Henry Big Boy Steel Carbine 357 rifle that Henry firearms graciously replaced for me with a brand new rifle for free from their Wisconsin plant. The other was a S&W Shield .40 pistol.

Name of DS Dealer so BS members know not to deal with them?

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    Henry firearms was much more gracious than Browning Arms. They were horrified that I thought they might have any responsibility for the place they sent me to.

Spoke with a previous employee today who talked to Reynerson last week. He verified that he's not going to reopen and would like to get people their guns back, but it sounds like you have to go over there and hope that they are in the shop at the time.

Ha Ha I don't think so. Been there with a truck in the lot, lights on, and banging noises. No answer the door or the phone number on the door.
    If he would like people to get their guns back, he could return the calls on the answering machine.
    Or any other technique we've discussed in this thread.

Mr. Reynerson apparently gave up on this business a couple of years ago when the bad experiences started (mine plus other online reviews).
    He decided to go other directions, but kept on taking in repair jobs. This happened to me before with Scott McDougal (sp) in California years ago when one gunsmith moved and the remaining guy got cancer. Kept on taking jobs. Was in all the gun magazines at the time. Don't get me started on gun magazines.
    All of you who are friends with him, sorry to call out your buddy, but you need to know where he stands for your own future dealings with him.

As for me, I'm done. I have actually successfully filed an insurance claim which at first was looking real bleak because EBRSO wouldn't give me a theft report claiming it was a civil matter even though the guy is hiding from his customers. The Armed Forces Insurance adjuster managed to find a way to claim it under my renter's policy under mysterious loss which not only gave me a claim, but lifted the cap on unscheduled firearms which would have meant a pittance. As it is I got an OK price (minus deductible) for the gun. Mr. Reynerson, you can keep mine. They say crime doesn't pay, but maybe you found the way - civil matters. Enjoy it. I'm moving on.

Von

nmitchell123

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2017
    Monroe, LA
    I had 5 guns on consignment with that store. I've been trying to contact them. I left a voice mail last week but the phone has been disconnected this week. I sent David Reynerson a message on FB also. I still have my paperwork from when I left the guns as well as the appraised value of each that he gave me.

vgodenwa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2008
    Gloster, MS
    Good luck. I've had several people who are friends of his contact me by PM or phone and tell me they would reach him and let him know people were starting to ask questions. None of them ever called me back. I'm sure what they heard isn't good.

hunter5567

Monolithic Mentor
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Oct 9, 2006
    Denham Springs, LA. near B.R.
    Name of DS Dealer so BS members know not to deal with them?

Name doesn't matter anymore, the business is kaput.
    I did go to their Facebook page and the owner, son, daughter, and grandparents all lost their homes in the flood along with the total loss of the business which employed the owner, son, and daughter.
    I didn't see any Lake Taos trips posted or any other trips/extravangances.
    I won't be pursuing it.

sandman7925

Wealthy women wanted
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    False River
    Facebook page made a post inJuly.
    e5bba15755b1667ade081f39baf39102.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom