How to post pictures tutorial?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Spanky, being the computer guru that you are... why don't you post a tutorial (or dump it on someone else!) on how to post pictures of the appropriate size?

I know how I do it, but I'm sure there's a better way. I put the photo on my desktop, right click and pick email photo. When Outlook comes up it offers me a chance to reduce the size. I then drag the reduced size photo into a folder. Then I close Outlook and go through the upload routine from BS.com.

The rifle/pistol/shotgun thread has some massive photos on there!

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Don't take this wrong but are you on dial up ? Just trying to understand the issue.
    I personally like the pics big. The bigger they are the more detail I can see.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Cable lite. That's not the issue. I get tired of seeing post that say 'look at my new gun!' but with no pictures. People seem to have trouble posting. Photos that are so big I have to scroll 2 full screenwidths are a little annoying (alright! He got a cool buttstock!, oh, there's the rest...).
    Like I said, its more about postings without photos.
    Unless, of course, we want to pull the posting that don't have functional photos?

spanky

Gold Member
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I just realized that when I delete a photo from my photobucket account it deletes it from the forum.

Yep. Your image posting would be linked directly to that image on photobucket so when the image is gone the pointer in the forum has nowhere to go.

rockmup

Please be my friend
    Apr 21, 2007
    City of Central
    Cable lite. That's not the issue. I get tired of seeing post that say 'look at my new gun!' but with no pictures. People seem to have trouble posting. Photos that are so big I have to scroll 2 full screenwidths are a little annoying (alright! He got a cool buttstock!, oh, there's the rest...).
    Like I said, its more about postings without photos.
    Unless, of course, we want to pull the posting that don't have functional photos?

I get it.
    So riddle me this batman, why can I see my pics in a thread but some can't ?

Spanky should be able to set a size limit for the site as well

J

jayd

I Posted this on page 10 of the riflle thread a few months ago :)

Go to this box
    insertimage.gif

and type/paste in the "address" of your photo
    Make sure you add .jpg to the end of the address
    it will look something like this when you post it but will be an image
    when posted if done correctly (there is a space at the jpg that's why it didn't load a pic in this example)

url] . jpg

Here it is loaded correctly (I shot this @ WWII Museum 2002)
    3068064.jpg

Also you must store your pic in a place that allows your pics to be linked (www.tinypic.com will allow this for free)
    or you'll get the dreaded red X
    and then we will make fun you you with
    .gifs like this one
    53316518.jpg

Good luck

spanky

Gold Member
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    jayd covered it.

If you need somewhere to host your photos, click on the "uploads" link at the top of the site.

http://upload.bayoushooter.com/

That page will, after you upload the pictures, generate the code necessary for you to post the image.

If you need to resize images, the most user friendly image resizer i've ever found is distributed by microsoft.

[url]http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe[/url]

Once installed, it allows you to be able to right click an image file that's stored on your computer and simply click "resize image" and choose the size you want.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Of course, if you don't want to pull the postings Spanky, you could let us pick the photos to take the place of those red X's...

spanky

Gold Member
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Of course, if you don't want to pull the postings Spanky, you could let us pick the photos to take the place of those red X's...

It doesn't really matter. Red X's are everywhere. You guys can delete them yourselves if you want or just leave them alone. It doesn't matter to me. :cool:

spanky

Gold Member
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Spanky, that link for PowerToys is for XP; won't run with Vista.

I know how frustrating it is to try and help folks who are clueless about computers; I feel the same way about some cops and their guns...

Rats, good point. I don't know of a simple resize utility for vista quite yet. :o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom